Quantcast

RM proto

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
no, its a statement by their designers that says "you want hydroforming? we got hydroformin!"

i just hope they put it on a diet and lost the low pivot point.
indeed. its about time they come out with a dh worthy frame. the thrustlink / sp config has potential (the turner & commencal iterations work just fine). looks like they've addressed the flexy swingarm issue anyways. hoping to see some some modern geometry numbers, and a slimmer weight.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
anyone noticed the floater on the outside? probably wrong assembly but still couldnt help noticing that or that the dropout has disc mounts too.
also was looking at those dropouts and they look like a lot of machine time to get those deep pockets carved out. if thats how the rest of the bike is made, then either those become forged come production time or that bike will be spendy.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Not the best picture of Micayla.

Proto looks interesting. Could end up similar to the Commencal Supreme DH, but with a floater.

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Theres no disc tabs on that floater but there are some on the rear triangle...? Whats up with that?

Oh and I bet that cardboard is covering up a gearbox :lighten: :plthumbsdown:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
i like this speculative thread. lets run with it. why else would they hide the middle section? of course its a gearbox.
Or to hide the fact that they are using a non RMX style suspension finally?

Would be cool if it was a Gearbox though. Weren't they in that list of manufacturers from gboxx awhile ago (about a year ago?) that had licensed the technology or whatever?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Or to hide the fact that they are using a non RMX style suspension finally?

Would be cool if it was a Gearbox though. Weren't they in that list of manufacturers from gboxx awhile ago (about a year ago?) that had licensed the technology or whatever?
From what I saw on Vanderham's bike in the lift line at Whistler, it's not a gearboxxxxx (But I do believe that they were on that list from awhile ago) and it is a non-RMX style suspension setup...I didn't get to inspect exactly how it worked but just a casual glance gave a (very) slight hint of a Session 10 look. Incased in the frame, low mounted shock, linkage, swing arm kinda dealie....fwiw.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i like this speculative thread. lets run with it. why else would they hide the middle section? of course its a gearbox.
me too!

the tubeset is an special alloy forged deep within mt derp (canada's version of tolkein's mt doom) of a highly secretive blend of aluminum, unicorn bones, and dragon scales. It was welded by Bill Brasky. It will cost $65,562 but it will also do your taxes.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
It is obvious to anyone an Aluminum frame with a disc brake mount somewhere.

I will give you complete specs. as soon as you have been able to read them from another source hours before I report on it.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
me too!

the tubeset is an special alloy forged deep within mt derp (canada's version of tolkein's mt doom) of a highly secretive blend of aluminum, unicorn bones, and dragon scales. It was welded by Bill Brasky. It will cost $65,562 but it will also do your taxes.
You forgot the beryllium.

Mmmm...toxic dust:drool: