Quantcast

RM Trojan?

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
The strangest thing just happened - I only have one browser window open, pointed at RM, and my Outlook is not set to check mail automatically, nor have I checked it recently.

A minute ago I went to navigate to a different thread - and I got a SAV popup stating that a download recognized as a trojan had been detected - this is SAV 9.0 Corp Edition (which suppossedly has expanded threat detection), but it has never warned me out right about any other spyware related issues - has anyone else run into this type of thing?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I got something earlier. Started getting pop up, IE opening by itself. I ran adaware and all of a sudden i had 55 registry values, and a whole bunch of shyt. I think I got it out but we'll see.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
It's weird because I expect the usual BHO, cookies, hijackers, etc... But SAV has never warned me about those. (For the record, I have user notification turned off @ the System Center Console - because those turds @ Symantec only built the ability to detect "expanded threats" into Corp 9.0 - not the ability to remove said threats, contrary to what they would have you believe. I don't need end users calling me every 3 minutes to tell me that they have spyware on their machines.) That Symantec would detect this as an actual trojan makes me wonder...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i had seven more of those things in a row come up. i'll try to get a better description of the error in a minute. man i wish i was even remotely computer literate.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I got a window prompting me to download some plug in for something I'd never heared of, I checked no and went on. I did wonder about it though, are we being hacked by RM, I thought only unregistered users got popups?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I got a window prompting me to download some plug in for something I'd never heared of, I checked no and went on.
It's part of Gator / Gain. It's one of those pos companies that "secretly" tries to download itself onto pc's either as a add-on to some freeware, or by a drive-by download where by simply visiting a website page it will try and install. It's a pain in the ass to remove. Adds a bunch of registry keys, and forces you to view ads (via pop-ups) based on your browsing.

Linky