Quantcast

Road 34 Superfly Invitational 2006

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Every year the fellas at Road 34 bike shop in Fort Collins have a shin dig they like to call the Superfly Invitational. It's a "group ride" (not a race, they swear) followed by a dirtjump jam and contest followed by a party that really gets the damn thing done. Here's some news straight from Will at Road 34:

So it's that time of year again and we've set the date for the Invitational. The whole deal will go down Saturday, April 29th. The way we're going to do it this year is a little different.

We'll meet at the shop at noon and do the Superfly Invitational Group ride followed by the DJ Jam at the crib from 5-8p.m. and the after party at the bar from 10-close. Awards for the group ride will be given out around 10:30 or so at the bar. The really official part of the event this year will be the DJ Jam that we're tryin to get together $500-$1K for prize money depending on who we can get to turn out. One would have to figure that if the price is right pro's will make an effort to make it out. Structure of prize money hasen't been decided yet and it will really depend on the amount we settle on. Anyway it's time to start spreading the word and building the vibe on this thing. We'll have more details here shortly.

Will
If you're wanting to know more about the Superfly, contact Road 34 at 970-491-9934 or email them from their website. The orginal forum thread on the Road 34 website is below so you can see for youself what the dealie is!

http://forum.road34.com/viewtopic.php?t=48

EDIT: I didn't know this, but apparently this "event" caused a bunch of problems last year, and actually still don't know the what-for. I attended in 2004 and had a nice time, the group ride was small but fun, things didn't get out of hand at all. The dirtjump/BBQ/party was what it was and I had a ton of fun. I'm still leaving this post up regardless - if for nothing else to help spread the word of the jump contest, which is certainly legit.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Superfly is definitely a fun event. I went last year, the 'group ride' was a blast, although I had the wrong bike for it... and the jump jam was SWEET. The Road34 House is incredible with some sick jumps in the back.

Everybody should go.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Josh are you going to post more pictures? I've heard all sorts of things about how sick the jump jam was, and after last year I REALLY want to see pics. :p

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
COmtbiker12 said:
Josh are you going to post more pictures? I've heard all sorts of things about how sick the jump jam was, and after last year I REALLY want to see pics. :p
Yup, I am. Full Trucker and I are working on a new Site for me. It will be up, hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks (I am doing some traveling) and when it is up there will be all kinds of stuff on the jump Jam. I will let you guys know when it is up. Or maybe Evan will... :)

abhollow

Chimp
Apr 2, 2004
Ft. Collins
the best part of the jam is when huck (bmx pro) jumpped on nate's mtb and started throwing down. . .making all of us look like fools. Huck attempted a few bike flips on the MTB, and after seeing that I say to him, "you realize you'll be the second dude ever to bike flip a mtb if you land this" then huck says, "I was the first to ever do it on a bike." haha OH OKAY IS THAT ALL? Needless to say, got a ton of good footage from the jam, issue 4 will be packed full of it.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
abhollow said:
the best part of the jam is when huck (bmx pro) jumpped on nate's mtb and started throwing down. . .making all of us look like fools. Huck attempted a few bike flips on the MTB, and after seeing that I say to him, "you realize you'll be the second dude ever to bike flip a mtb if you land this" then huck says, "I was the first to ever do it on a bike." haha OH OKAY IS THAT ALL? Needless to say, got a ton of good footage from the jam, issue 4 will be packed full of it.
sweet!