Quantcast

Road to Nowhere photography

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
Will any body be taking any picts over at r.t n. any time? I just thought it would be a great place to get some good picts other than jumpline.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
You can really get some good pictures there. I have a cool one where I am in mid air from the side where you can see the size of the drop. Its my favorite drop and really well made. If anybody does not go straight into the woods after the drop they are missing out on some sweet flat turns too. I would love some pictures from that drop it will always be a good memory.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
TRN, FLUME & Doms/Stigmata, i think is not a great place to shoot pics, you can only take "profile" pictures (side shots) and that gets really boring....

Stigmata, not matte how you shoot it's hard to capture the steepness of that shoot, i know i tried....

I tried one getting a picture of Fashion Dave Hitting RTN and it came out "boring"....

Also, i've only done maybe shoot off the jumpline,and it wasn't lower dominion, it was on upper....

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
Hey dave why don't you do a photo shoot there ,you do such great shoots with that awesome camera .

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
again, it's not a great spot top take photos, they come just as worse as the Lower Dominion pictures.... part of taking pictures is the creative part.....

i prefer taking shots like this:

these photos capture the moment, not just a "drop".... we, in the mountain biking community, have been over flowed, and over exposed to drops, jumps pics etc....

gets tired very quickly... a few dops shots are okay....

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
I see your point dave from the picts . Nice work No riding today huh? Is it raining up there today ? I'm outside of philly and nothing to much happening here hoping to ride tomorrow weather pending tonight i guess.

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
i just passes diablo a few min. ago and there no rain over here..the roads are just about try ...theres just fog towards the middle to top of the mnt...and from what i saw there was maybe 5 or so cars in the parking lot....tomorrow should be perfect!

Jan 18, 2005
dirty jersey
again, it's not a great spot top take photos, they come just as worse as the Lower Dominion pictures.... part of taking pictures is the creative part..... we, in the mountain biking community, have been over flowed, and over exposed to drops, jumps pics etc....
Ok.. So get creative & get a shot there that's interesting, that's not "just another drop shot" you've got the skills... just use em. Isn't part of the fun getting that great / unique shot of something that's been shot a million times?:cheers:

Last edited: