Quantcast

Roadtrip.... Anyone riding post canyon next WE?

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Hey all,

I'll be driving from SLC stopping in Hood River from the 19th to the 22nd included (on my way to BC). I'd love to hook up with a PNW local in the area to do some riding (especially in post canyon!) Anyone around that would be interested?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Mani_UT said:
Hey all,

I'll be driving from SLC stopping in Hood River from the 19th to the 22nd included (on my way to BC). I'd love to hook up with a PNW local in the area to do some riding (especially in post canyon!) Anyone around that would be interested?

I might be able to show you around during a weekend. I live near downtown Portland.

Tim

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Mani_UT said:
Cool!!! How about this Sunday some time? that would be awesome!
I could probably do that. My hand is still messed up from Crankworx, so don't expect me to show off too much.
You want to know all the shuttled freeride trails I'm assuming?

Tim

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
TWISTED said:
I could probably do that. My hand is still messed up from Crankworx, so don't expect me to show off too much.
You want to know all the shuttled freeride trails I'm assuming?
Tim
I wanted to ride a century but a shuttled trail would do I suppose ;)

I'd be on a DH bike and not there to show off either (I am on my way to 3 weeks of riding covering the Shore, Whistler, Mt Washington, Sun peaks and Silverstar) so I don't plan on getting worked on day 2 !!!

Sounds fun!
Let me know what would work for you (preferably morning or later in the afternoon is that works: I'll like to get a few tacks in on the river mid-day). I'll go whenever would be convenient for you though!!

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
PoserNewbie said:
How far is post canyon from Portland?
The trail ends right in Hood river by the first freeway exit. So whatever Porland-Hood river is! 45 min? Then there is the drive for the shuttle to the top!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
It's at least an hour from Portland till we get to the trails, and then we drive all the way to the top.
I think my buddy Jason Ding will come with me and probably ride my bike. His is broke and so am I.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Mani_UT said:
So are you guys still up for that? Sunday? I'll PM you guys my cell!
Sure anybody else who wants to join is welcome too. I can show you around Portland or any of the other places.

Tim

kahner89

Monkey
May 25, 2006
spokanistan
just got done at post and everything is primed as usual, first time there eventhough i visit every year great riding i want ot move to Hood River