Quantcast

Roam Big Screen Premiere

Bikefitter

Chimp
Apr 14, 2005
Sup Monkeys! Fanatik Bike Co. is presenting Roam, the second feature from The Collective, on the big screen at the Mount Baker Theatre in Bellingham. The premiere is Thursday April 20th at 7:30, tickets are $8.00 and proceeds support the WHIMPS Mountain Bike Cooperative and local trail building. For info on the film click here, and for info on the venue click here. This is one of the first shots at seeing Roam here in the states, and we are stoked that The Collective and some of the riders from the film will be able to make it to the showing. In addititon to seeing a great movie, your ticket is also an entry for door prizes. So far we've gotten kick downs from DaKine, Oakley, Red Bull, and Transition Bike Co. with more to follow. The Mt. Baker is a kickn' theatre (for you big city types think Paramount), and you won't find a better spot to see this flick. Call in sick, rally some troops, get up here for a ride on 4/20, swing by Fanatik to check us out, and stay around for the show.

See you there!

Bikefitter

Chimp
Apr 14, 2005
Bump...one week to go! We've got door prizes from DaKine, Whister Bike Park, Red Bull, Innovations, and commitments from Oakley and Shimano/Saint. The WHIMPS MTB Coallalition will be raffling off a Transistion Gran Mal frame and some other goodies. More news to follow....

Bikefitter

Chimp
Apr 14, 2005
We will still have a great bunch of door-prizes but, according to the state gaming comission the WHIMPS aren't a fully qualified non-profit to conduct a raffle (wierd I know), so "the man has rained on our parade for the Gran-Mal. We still have some great Transition goodies we are giving out to ticket buyers, but they're going to hold onto that frame and think of a better way to get good promo value for it! Come anyway, we're still throwing down hard!

Flips

Chimp
Jun 3, 2002
whistler
the whistler premire is in the confrence center....1400 people and its almost sold out....how crazy is that!!!

these boys are killing it!!

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I heard there was one in Portland this weekend. Is it in both spots? I would rather have it in Hood myself. I'm gonna be headin' to one of them so I hope it's Hood only. Post Canyon here I come!!!

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Well, just found out that my mom went to the showing at Mt. Baker:eek:, so for you peeps that went, if you saw an older lady in her late 50s that looked really out of place, that was her. According to her, it was amazing, and she has a newfound understanding of my sport :thumb:. Wish I could have gone...

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
"Roam" last night was awesome! The show was amazing and the turn out was pretty big as well, much more than I thought would make it. The guys at Fanatik did a great job, HUGE props to you guys. Oh and kinghami3 there were a lot of people that looked out of place there last night, the show attracted a lot more than just the hardcore crowd.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I'm glad its getting more attention. TJ, I have a working RM7, so I won't have to borrow your bike ever again :thumb:. Let me know if you want to go riding (especially this summer if you're going to hit Whistler).

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
kinghami3 said:
I'm glad its getting more attention. TJ, I have a working RM7, so I won't have to borrow your bike ever again :thumb:. Let me know if you want to go riding (especially this summer if you're going to hit Whistler).[/QUOTE

Hey good to hear about the new bike. Are you going to be up here in B-town this summer? I'm planning on trying to ride Whistler and the Shore as much as possible this year. Buying my seasons pass for Whistler in a couple weeks so I'll be set for the summer. Anytime you want to go riding just PM me.