Quantcast

Robert E. Lee park Dirt jumps and Trails Help!

Feb 9, 2007
In recent years Robert E. Lee has been overwhelmed by dog walkers and hikers. It was once a paradise of dirt jumps and log rides. Now the few dirt jumps that are left are a mess they are unorganized and generally blow. I am proposing every one who rides these jumps and would like to. Come together and create a plan for this wonderful park. The area wear the dirt jumps are located on a flat area that is just begging for a pump track and trails at the top are perfect for some short downhill runs possibly some ladder bridges and jumps. I would like your feedback and thoughts. Thanks

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Yeah, where are you talking about? There must be 100 R.E. Lee parks in VA and surrounding areas... 'Tis the heart of Dixie afterall.

Feb 9, 2007
Robert E Lee Park is located in Baltimore County off I-83. On fall road next to Pepes. The dirt jumps are located in the back area of the park past the main area and the train tracks. Follow the trail till it splits. Take the trail to the right till there is an opening on the left. The dirt jumps are back there.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
There are a lot more dog walkers, or just as many, as mountain bikers. I'd say don't bother 'building' unless you get permission. I used to ride there all the time, and I know where exactly you are talking about. illegal trail building is just silly, it can cause us to lose our riding rights

come up with a plan, find the right people to talk to, and i'll support ya

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yeah, Building illegal jumps is a bad idea. Posting directions to them on a public message board.....is a worse idea!

Hey AlmostHeaven, When did you graduate from Lee? I went there as well :thumb:

tyger102

Chimp
Jul 14, 2009
Baltimore
Yeah as long as you had permission and a good location I would be up for helping building and maintaining it, and i live so close I could just walk (or ride) to the park from my house.