Quantcast

Rochester invades Cleveland (Ray's MTB) LONG POST!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Wow that place looks great !!!!!! thanks for sharing those awesome pics, it looks like you had a lot of fun. Im ready to go move out there!!!1 anyone know of any jobs available out there :rolleyes: . Im gonna have to make a trip out there. if someone gets a chance could you sent me some info as far as places to stay .. you can either pm , or send to Hooples3@aol.com. Thanks in advance

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So you guys did go there! Seems like all had a great time. But damn that cement looks hard, I'd want a foam pit underneath me the whole time.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
hooples3 said:
if someone gets a chance could you sent me some info as far as places to stay
Call Ray's, they have a killer deal going with a Holiday Inn that's within a mile or so. We didn't know about it for this trip, but we'll definitely be using it next trip.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Ok, Still sicker than I thought a person could be, but after about 50 hrs of sleep in the last 3 days I need to stay up-right a little while :dead:

tweek on a skinny bypass

treesaw ripping the sport course

stuntmatty

stuntmatty clearing the table.

stuntmatty doing the biggest drop on his hardtail!

squid taking flight over the step-up.

sorge on another skinny bypass

Stuntmatty taking flight

mtbkngrl launching

lots of fun! will post more in a few minutes.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
kettenring on skinny bypass

kettenring on the big drop

kettenring on the second skinny bypass

greasey monkey enjoying the drop

how many times you going to do this drop :)

greasey monkey on the jumps

and again!

and again!!!

gee spot landing the drop

echo zipping thru the sport course

more sport course action from echo

echo launching the table top

and the step-up

crashby on the sport course

crashby showing how to do the big drop

That is all the pics I took on the second day. I never even grabbed the camera the first day. enjoy all.

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
WOW! great pics!

I see that you guys were using different styles of bikes...What would be the best kind of bike for that park?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
tartosuc said:
WOW! great pics!

I see that you guys were using different styles of bikes...What would be the best kind of bike for that park?
I took a singlespeed hardtail geared at 32-17. The only stuff I didn't feel comfortable with was the biggest drop on the expert course, and some of the steeper stuff in the expert course. It was perfect for the jumps and the sport course, which is where I spent the majority of my time :thumb:

Gee Spot

Chimp
Sep 13, 2002
rochester, ny
mtbkngrl...

mtbkngrl....

mtbkngrl....

mtbkngrl....

tweek...

tweek...

gee spot...

gee spot...

gee spot...

gee spot...

earl....

earl...

earl...

earl....

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
kick ass to the max yo! extra kickass props to my heroes, the rippin' chicks. (maybe one of you will be so kind as to help me through my bridge and ladder fears at diablo this summer...specifically that off-camber one at the top of alpine.)

squid, looks like a solid 360 attempt. did you clean it? (...if landing in a foam pit can still be considered cleaning a move.)

nice piss'n'ride move echo.

Gee Spot

Chimp
Sep 13, 2002
rochester, ny
tmx said:
kick ass to the max yo! extra kickass props to my heroes, the rippin' chicks. (maybe one of you will be so kind as to help me through my bridge and ladder fears at diablo this summer...specifically that off-camber one at the top of alpine.)

squid, looks like a solid 360 attempt. did you clean it? (...if landing in a foam pit can still be considered cleaning a move.)

nice piss'n'ride move echo.
I would be happy to ride with you .... i'm really not that good tho... kinda a chicken $hit with lots of fears of my own..(big drops) .. but .. I am always willing to ride... :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Gee Spot said:
I would be happy to ride with you .... i'm really not that good tho... kinda a chicken $hit with lots of fears of my own..(big drops) .. but .. I am always willing to ride... :D
:think: Gee Spot rides like the wind and I would never consider her a chicken $hit. I have learned quite a bit from riding with GeeSpot & Mtbkngrl. :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Gee Spot said:
Check you out being all modest :D

You rock sista.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
:thumb: Great! It's settled then. You guys are gonna get me down that off-camber ladder jammie!!! Can't wait.

(I didn't believe her "chicken$h*t" comment Tree. I see the pictures and G's killin' it along with the rest of you. ;) )