Quantcast

rock garden flak jacket what do you think?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I had the old style jacket for two years and was very happy with it. I have since got the new '05 and it's heaps better. I am a big fan of the flak jacket because after seeing all the features it has for the price it is the best thing out there as far as overall value and durability. Plus a long-time supporter of RM! :thumb:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Works awesome, I just needed mine the other day while trying to lawn dart myself into the ground and then rototilling the landing with my shoulders then back. They are refreshingly smooth and not to bold. "Oh yeah that was a bear post":D
They are great and comfortable upon impact.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Anyone got some input on how the Rockgardn jackets fit on "the ladies"? My girlfriend is thinking about picking one up on closeout from cambria ($130 Australian? F**k yeah!), most likely a small/medium size. Any information would be much appreciated :)

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
ive got a flak jacket, other then being a little hot in warm weather, i've got no problem with it, lol might have saved me some really painful injury's a few times

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
My Flak Jacket was definitely a little warm for Bootleg but I've worn it many other places from Plattekill to Whistler and it has always done its job :thumb:

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I have the '03 model and I love it. It's never let me down and has always stayed in palce during crashes. My only complaint is that it was a little long in the arms for me. Solution - I just had the arms cut-off, short sleeve style. :thumb:

toby

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
yeah you can take the arms off or just use the arms.

So how's the padding around the upper side gutt/just below ribs area? I took a fall the other day wearing EVS armor and was left with (for the second time) a nice softball sized bruise and rasberry in that area. I've got no padding around there at all, time for new armor. Might pick up the Flak.

Cat Daddy

Chimp
Dec 17, 2002
FarkinRyan said:
Anyone got some input on how the Rockgardn jackets fit on "the ladies"? My girlfriend is thinking about picking one up on closeout from cambria ($130 Australian? F**k yeah!), most likely a small/medium size. Any information would be much appreciated :)
The Large Jr. Flak Jacket is a good choice for petit gals, from 5'0" to about 5'5", anywhere from 100 to about 125 pounds. Just a thought!

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
All I can say is I fell off a bridge I Diablo dropped 4 to 5 feet onto 3 snow making pipes (echo saw me afterwards) and though it still hurt like SOB I was able to walk away from it!

Easily, would have crushed a vertebre and broke a few ribs if I was not wearing it.

That is the best I can think of to push a product! How it saved my A$$

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
You might be a Youth XL but most likely an adult S/M. I'd call Rockgardn and ask Mark, he can tell you for sure what size will fit best.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
WOOOO mine comes tomorrow, would have been today but no mail on sunday, anywho, the one i tried on from punkassean fit very nicely. seems to breathe well. more info tomorrow. :)