Quantcast

Rock shox serviceability

Jan 21, 2002
melbourne, Australia
i looking at building a new bike soon and trying to decide on what fork to get? so far for value for money and desired application i've found the RS reba to best bang for buck.

but after speaking to friends over the w/end i'm really starting to have second thoughts. The reason being serviceability, i believe that RS stop selling spares for a fork ~2 years after release. now i would hope i can get more than 2 years out of fork, but am i going to be stuck with a lame duck because i can't get spares?

i'm wondering, what take other people have on this issue and if you can around it, assuming it's true. and should i think about another fork? :confused:

thanks

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
A lot of the parts in the Reba are interchangeable with older RS stuff, therefore extending serviceability...I just got a Team off eBay that hasn't come yet, but I never took that into consideration, because I get a new bike every year anyways...

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Rock Shox infact only keeps 2 maybe 3 years of old stock on hand, at least thats there policy now, and has been since around 2000/2001 if im not mistaken. Alot of there stuff is so interchangable tho its not much a problem. You may also find older parts in local shops, i know we have quite a bit of Old RS parts laying around. They also offer a Upgrade option that allows a certain trade in value of your fork, for the new years model if you so desire. Newer the fork the more cash off you would get for a New one, and older the fork the less off you would get, Kinda there way of saying we arent gonna carry a million parts we dont need after x amount of years BUT we will offer you some kinda deal because of it.