Quantcast

Rock Shox support email address?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Hi folks, after spending over an hour searching both the Internet and the Monkey for this address, I gave up. I want to know which parts do I need to buy if I want to transform my Argyle 318 to a Solo Air fork, and both the local (Argentinian) distributor and my LBS don't have a clue about it.

I guessed I need to replace the top cap and the shaft for the left leg, but I was afraid I was missing something.

If anyone can give me a clue, it will be welcome.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
In my experience e-mailing bike industry types is not the best way to get things done. Someone on here is bound to have the phone number, that's what you really want.

If no one helps you out I'll see if I can get a hold of it.

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
I don't think you can convert from coil to air. You can go the other way but I am pretty sure that the spring scratches up the inside of the left stanchion so the solo air unit won't seal properly.
I am not 100% sure though, maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in...

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
You will be able to go Coil to solo air if you purchase a new crown/stanction assembly. Could get a little expensive to be worth it though? Other than that you will need the solo air assembly.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I don't think you can convert from coil to air. You can go the other way but I am pretty sure that the spring scratches up the inside of the left stanchion so the solo air unit won't seal properly.
I am not 100% sure though, maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in...
There is actually an aluminium air sleeve inside the left stanchion, as far as I can see from Rock Shox's spare parts catalog, but I wasn't sure if there was anything I'm missing besides that air sleeve, the top cap and the rod/seal...

Anyway, the reason I'm looking for an email support address is becuase I don't want to spend a ton of money calling to USA from Argentina, but seems this will be the way to go...

Last edited: