Quantcast

RockGarden Airframe of Freerider pads?

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Another post got me thinking about getting some new pads. Anyone try the Rock Garden Airframe or Freeride knee/shin guards?

Also, anyone hear anything about the DH gloves they were supposed to come out with?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Photos of their gloves are on their site I believe - as are photos of their goggles too.

I'd like to hear about their knee/shin pads as well.

I have some 661 Race pads and they slip like crazy, and I have some of their 4X4 pads and they rub so damned much that they practically rip my skin off my knees. Hurting oneself while trying to protect oneself isn't so good. :dead:

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
I've got the full RockGardn set up. The CYA Shorts, the Jacket and the Airframe Knee Shins. I'm happy with the jacket and shorts, no complaints at all. The Knee shins are awesome when they stay inplace. By the end of a Northstar run they will slide halfway down my knee. But this might just happen cause I'm growing out of em. My freind got these 661 knee convers off Jenson that help keep up any knee/shin guards. He says they're amazing, so I'm looking into getting some em.

-J

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
MMcG said:
The do look Xcish but I thought they were their DH gloves.
Your right they are the DH ones, but I heard on this board a while back that they are coming out with some padded knuckle DH types that are more DH oriented.

Dh=Good XC= Bad

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
The wrist wrap gloves are intended as an all purpose glove. Although they lack knuckle pads, they do breathe very well and are incredibly light. Mark designed those gloves based on rider input. As far as the knee shins, The freeride model offers massive protection and I know people who love them. In fact one of my friends swears by them and he won't wear any other model/brand. The race models are much lighter and offer less protection (especially in the rear/calf) but they are great and breathe very well. Most knee/shins will slip, experiment with less tightness on the middle straps but keep the top and bottom straps tight, see if that helps.

Cat Daddy

Chimp
Dec 17, 2002
The gloves you're interested in are the new FATE Carbon Gloves, part of the '05 lineup.

Carbon/Kevlar knuckles and forefingers
Airprene and cowhide top layer
Amara palm with cowhide reinforcement at the base
Cowhide (inner) and terrycloth (back) thumb
Woven finger gussets
Small through XXL sizing

Comes in any color you like... as long as it's black!

Production has just finished overseas, and is en route. They won't "offically" appear until we roll them out on the website (just after Interbike), so you'll need to call us at 805-276-2710 about them. Projected MSRP is $45 USD

Attachments

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Yup, the airframe knee/shin I love, freeriders were last years stuff and not really something that interested me, mainly due ot the weight, heat and the fact that the Airframes worked for all around riding much better.

The 04 gloves are a bit lightweight but they are super comfy and for what most of us need... they work great, however the 05 stuff will be awesome! the new gloves ROCK!

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Now, those look like some BAD A** gloves. I want some! I'd like to get some of their goggles too! Looks like they would fit inside of my helmet better than my Spy's or Blur's currently do. I have one of their Flak Jackets and it is awesome. A little, well, a lot, toasty in the summer but it does my fat a** good to sweat and the protection they offer is totally worth it. I have been stoked on Rokgarden to date.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Cat Daddy said:
The gloves you're interested in are the new FATE Carbon Gloves, part of the '05 lineup.

Carbon/Kevlar knuckles and forefingers
Airprene and cowhide top layer
Amara palm with cowhide reinforcement at the base
Cowhide (inner) and terrycloth (back) thumb
Woven finger gussets
Small through XXL sizing

Comes in any color you like... as long as it's black!

Production has just finished overseas, and is en route. They won't "offically" appear until we roll them out on the website (just after Interbike), so you'll need to call us at 805-276-2710 about them. Projected MSRP is $45 USD
That's what i'm talking about!

Do you know when they will hit your distributors (Hawley in particular)?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
lonewolfe said:
Now, those look like some BAD A** gloves. I want some! I'd like to get some of their goggles too! Looks like they would fit inside of my helmet better than my Spy's or Blur's currently do. I have one of their Flak Jackets and it is awesome. A little, well, a lot, toasty in the summer but it does my fat a** good to sweat and the protection they offer is totally worth it. I have been stoked on Rokgarden to date.
You are correct about the goggles, they are designed to fit perfectly inside of all full face helmets and at the same time offer more peripheral vision than most of the competition. They also are designed to have better ergonomics than most other goggles. Also included with each pair is both smoke and clear polycarbonate lenses. Not too bad for $45!

Mark, the new gloves look super tough, can't wait to get a pair :thumb: