Quantcast

rockgardn stuff

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
end0boy said:
anyone tried the new flakjacket yet??
been running it since about august. It's awesome, breathes great and is slightly lower profile than the '05. What I need to get is the flak vest since it covers the basics (spine/kidneybelt) and is super lo-pro/lightweight.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
hey sean when is velopro gettign the 06 gear in because im going to get the hole new line. Muy knee gards have gone, and im tired of caring around the original fat falt jacket

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Wow, that stuff looks a lot better than last years. Having a flack jacket and a flack vest gives you all the upper body armor options you could ever need: Full long sleeve, short sleeve, sleeveless and detachable elbow guards. And it a lot cheapper than dainese stuff:thumb:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I wonder how that neck roll thing works, looks neat though.

I have the Fate gloves and the rockgardn flak jacket from back in 2003? I think. Still holding up fine and fits my body fine so no need to replace it. The only thing I think it might be time for is a new set of knee/shin guards which the rockgardn stuff looks like it might do it for me. Plus I can get it locally which always helps!

verticult

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
rock gardn products fit, work and last as they should.. and others don't....and yes, I have used several brands in the past..

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I love this:

Adjustable length arms and removable elbow/forearm guards. The Flak Jacket can be worn as a full jacket, short-sleeve jacket, or just the elbow/forearm guards themselves.

As much as I love mine, I had to get som velcro straps because the arms are too long. outside of that, I can't even feel that I have it on while I'm riding.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
end0boy said:
does the junior flak have a detachable elbow guard??
No, they don't. I have one, and I figure if I'm wearing armor I might as well wear it all. I got the whole kit recently (shin gaurds with under sleeves, socks, CYA shorts, shorts, Flak Jacket, jersey, googles, and gloves). Everything works really well. I fell a few times yesterday at practice for a race and couldn't even feel it. One of the crashes turned my stem around 45 degrees I hit so hard, but I didn't get hurt.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
fiddy_ryder said:
hows the sizing on the flak jacket? im 5'10 185 lbs.. probably end up in the mid 190's, athletic build.
you can probably get by in an '06 adult s/m. They added about an inch or so to the diameter of the chest for '06.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
This stuff fits cleanly under a jersey, right? And how hard is it to cram into a suitcase? If I get it, it´s gonna go through its paces at some Maxxis cups, a world cup or two, and many local runs. Anything more I should know, please tell me! thanks

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
punkassean said:
you can probably get by in an '06 adult s/m. They added about an inch or so to the diameter of the chest for '06.
i have a hard time finding stuff that fits everywhere. I lift weights regularly. so i fiid stuff that fits in the waist and shoulders, but tight in teh arms and chest. I guess ill have to find a somehwhat local shop and fit one then

gregminar

Chimp
Nov 13, 2005
Sean, you might need to special order a, "midget" size since Adam Novatt is buying the "hole" thing! Adam you might also want to consider the womans small, but at least you will have room for your brests. Sorry if this hurts your feeling, but your posts are really anoying.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
dude oliver im srry that i can't hang out with you this weekend but use americans actually celebrate thangsgiving with family so sorry didn't mean to make you butt hrt earlier today. Oliver Ps i know you want a troy le design helmet but thier is 3 problems with that.
1. you parents don't care enouph about you.
2. your head is to big and the only way you can fite it in a helmet is if sean like to your jumping helmet takes out all the padding.
3. no need, you head has enouph padding as it is, think about it you got fat and hot air what else do you need, hell Put it on the front of your bike and it could be your tire.
also please don't call me fat your the one that weighs at 205 pounds and im sorry that in not normal for someone that is 5' 9" and no muscle to show, **** my minature poodle can kick your a$$.

gregminar

Chimp
Nov 13, 2005
I onely weigh 152 and im 5'10....you are 5'3 and 166 pounds... Everyone makes fun of you for your huge head, i feel really bad, your Nick name is BIG DOME. Its ok that you are a poor, oversized umpa lommpa looking mother fu*cker who has no friends.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
I onely weigh 152 and im 5'10....you are 5'3 and 166 pounds... Everyone makes fun of you for your huge head, i feel really bad, your Nick name is BIG DOME. Its ok that you are a poor, oversized umpa lommpa looking mother fu*cker who has no friends.
keep this stuff to your self and just leave this thread, ok GAY

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
fiddy_ryder said:
youre proud to weigh 152 lbs @ 5'10 bwahhahaha... is that soaking wet and wearing boots??
That is actually a completely normal weight. It's just about average.

And anyways it is sad that these kids have to fight on the internet.

gregminar

Chimp
Nov 13, 2005
Ok let me clear things up a little bit...... You guys might not belive it, but zmtber and Adam Novatt, are best of friends. We are onely joking, sorry if we say anything to offend you, but we like to spice things up a little!

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
I've been running an 06 flak jacket for about a month. It's really good - fits well, breathes fairly well, generally a good piece of equipment. I'm 6'/140lbs, and I wear a small.