Quantcast

?? Rockshox super deluxe coil select + hyd bottom out

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I’ve been riding one for a few weeks. It feels pretty creamy and nice. I’m pleasantly surprised and impressed with it. The compression is supportive but not harsh and I was able to go down a spring rate without hard bottom outs. Even with the lsc fully closed it doesn’t kick my feet or feel harsh. Seems to be a very nice shock.

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I've been pondering the Ultimate for my V4 Nomad too. Recommended tune for that frame appears to be medium for both compression and rebound, but I've seen people with V5 Nomads (5mm longer stroke, bit less leverage) comment that they felt the compression tune is too harsh. Does anyone have experience with that shock on the old Nomad?

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
I've been pondering the Ultimate for my V4 Nomad too. Recommended tune for that frame appears to be medium for both compression and rebound, but I've seen people with V5 Nomads (5mm longer stroke, bit less leverage) comment that they felt the compression tune is too harsh. Does anyone have experience with that shock on the old Nomad?
retail is always low comp/linear rebound, but there are shim kits one can order already. try www.chrissports.ch there you can find the article numbers

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ultimate coil came on my first v4. i recall being surprised at how good it felt. got a deal on an 11-6 i couldn't pass up though.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I've got the Ult Coil on my Nomad 6. Liked it better than my EXT so sold that off. Compression adjusters do meaningful changes, and there's fewer of them so very easy to bracket. Ended up running with both in the middle running the stock retail Light/Light tune. The retail Ultimate Coil does include HBO. I'm running that wide open on the N6 since that's a pretty progressive bike and I'm not hitting huge jumps.

The SD air is much harder to find the HBO version / upgrade. The upgrade kit appears to be the entire lower stanchion assembly, and retail appears to be around $80 if you can find them. Common lengths are really hard to find. I did find a OEM takeoff one with HBO, and also really like it on my ebike.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Have one on my e-bike, as others stated it has a nice useable range of high speed compression adjustment. Very smooth feeling and the hbo works well. I need to get a stiffer rebound tune in mine as I’m right at the limit.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
So I am considering to get a Super Deluxe Ultimate coil with HBO to replace an old Super Deluxe coil on my Propain Tyee.
It seems that it's only available with one standard-tune (low-low). How do I get moar shimz?!

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Got 2 to sell in a 205x65. 2023 SD Ultimates with the HBO adjuster. They work well. Adjuster ranges are sensible.