Quantcast

rockshox vivid 4.1 Leaking oil....

OGjoecool

Chimp
Apr 4, 2010
new joisey
i just got a 09 sunday elite complete bike...i have about 10 hours on the bike. everything was feeling dialed until i tightened the end stroke rebound with hex key and it just started to leak oil..from that area...now it feels messed up....anyone know what the deal with these is????is this a taste of whats to come by riding rockshox or are these reliable shocks??? I have run dhx 50 reear shox on my 7.7 for years without a problem, and this is like a week old and it sh1t the bed already just from trying to adjust it.HELP!!!!!!!:(

wujj

Chimp
Apr 8, 2003
Boulder, CO/ Taiwan
What did you end up doing? I just built a Sunday yesterday(bought the frameset two years ago but didn't build till now). Same thing, I was adjusting the ending stroke rebound, and oil leaked out. Going to ride it this weekend and hope it holds up.

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
which way did you adjust it? i would assume leaking oil means you threaded whatever adjustment IN. is it possible they were over filled from the factory? (and hopefully just riding it would clear things up...but use discretion)