Quantcast

Rocky Mountain on the race course?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
The owner at the shop I used to go to when in NH, raced a RM7 at the expert level. He ditched the 26" rear wheel in favor of a 24" rear to achieve a lower bottom bracket height.

Sep 10, 2001
Ironic when you think back to the internet comments about the Shiver 2 or 3 years ago... Then it was too flexy, now it's please don't let it go...

Brian

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Brian Peterson said:
Ironic when you think back to the internet comments about the Shiver 2 or 3 years ago... Then it was too flexy, now it's please don't let it go...

Brian
The fork was so solid. I borred a friends for a few races and fell in love with it. DON'T let it go. At least you never had to give it flat crowns so you didn't have to get a step stool to get on your bike.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Brian Peterson said:

Brian
Then again, you have to think about the validity of 99% of the crap that's posted on the internet. You probably notice more of that type of stuff, though, being in the industry and all.

Do you guys have any '05 Shivers still floating around? Possibly ones that you want to get rid of at an extra low price since, you know, they're obsolete and all... :D

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Brian, do you have any say... proto lowrider crowns from last year I could get at a super cheap price. My mom says she needs to get down the chirstmas light and I keep using the ladder.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
ThePriceSeliger said:
Brian, do you have any say... proto lowrider crowns from last year I could get at a super cheap price. My mom says she needs to get down the chirstmas light and I keep using the ladder.
Spending too much time sniffing the soap tonight, I see. You forgot a question mark. Loser.

*This message brought to you by the guy who doens't know how to use an envelope.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Radarr said:
Spending too much time sniffing the soap tonight, I see. You forgot a question mark. Loser.

*This message brought to you by the guy who doens't know how to use an envelope.
Why don't you go put money in an envelope with a name and no stamp and no adress. The soap was for you anyways goofball.:love:

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
ThePriceSeliger said:
The soap was for you anyways goofball.:love:
Right, so I could FINALLY see what Texas smells like. I forgot all about that. I was probably just busy lighting up the crack pipe.

:rolleyes:

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
lol, that really made me laugh - but I'm pretty sure that would be in violation of some sort of mail laws. Price, thanks for being such a great guy and cleaning up that SRS, which you sold to me at an awesome price. Like how I started and ended that sentence with the same word, but with two completely different meanings?

It's going to be great when people check their emails in the morning and see that there's like 3 pages more to this thread.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
kidwoo said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the zoke crowns contact the arch if you set it at exactly 200mm above the seal on the lowers? I know the ones that were around last year did and the go-ride ones definitely don't.

the 06 crowns hit the arch before the seals but the zocchi men are clever and moved the markings on the stanchion to compensate for this, but once the mark is rubbed off you have to remember to use around 204mm exposed stanchion.