Quantcast

Rohloff Hub and Horst Links

tmargul

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
Can someone educate me as to how to set up an Intense M1 with a Rohloff. Are adapters made, or do I have to get creative?

thanks

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by tmargul
Can someone educate me as to how to set up an Intense M1 with a Rohloff. Are adapters made, or do I have to get creative?

thanks
As far as I knew, they were not compatable with any susp designs where the axle was not on the Chain-tube.
(ie Dare's, Str-8, DH-9, and Intense)
I think it was b/c they had no place for the tourque-arm.
Look a tthe site though and see if you can "rig" a proper derailer hangar that will allow for it's use.

butthead

Chimp
Dec 17, 2001
Las Cruces, NM
I have seen a single pivot bike with a rohloff hub. He used a Singleator to take up the chain slack. I haven't seen it done on a 4 bar linkage, but I'm sure it would work fine as long as the chainline stays straight.

DEMON

Chimp
Sep 20, 2001
maple ridge b.c.
lisa sher ran a rolhoff hub on her M1 back in 2000 , it was in mtb action , i,m not sure how well it worked , i know of one guy who has one on his RM7 ( there was a pic on the dh/ds forum a few days back )

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
Alright. For use of a Rohloff on any bike that doesn't have a pivot DIRECTLY around the BB, you need the chain tensioner that I think Rohloff sells with hubs if you need them. As far as the torque arm, I'm sure it's possible to set them up on Horst Link bikes since it seems to have been done before.

Good luck!

TrueScotsman

Monkey
Mar 20, 2002
Scotland
Sorry this post is late- i've not checked out this forum for a while.
Anyway, you will need a chain tensioner, i.e, Rohloff's own, Singulator, or I even saw a Roox FRONT chaindevice rigged to take up the change in chain length.
As for the torque arm, I am pretty sure that Rohloff now do a small torque-arm that attaches to the disc mounts.
Problem sorted!- Check out their website; www.rohloff.de