Quantcast

Romic rebound adjustment broken?

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
I have a 04 Turner DHR and i've been playing with the rebound adjustment (red knob) cranked all the way left or all the way right doesn't seem to make much of a difference? Plus the rebound knob doesn't turn as smoothly as the compression knob... The rebound knob sometimes seems to get stuck and i gotta really monkey around with it to go from one end of adjustment to the other. On the vanilla RC the rebound knob is really smooth to turn and i can totally tell the difference from one end of the spectrum to the other... Is my romic shock busted?

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
If thats the case wouldn't the knob have no resistance? It defenatly has resistance now...
Originally posted by vitox
if the shock has a fast rebound then check that the shock eyelet that holds the rebound knob isnt unscrewing itself from the shaft

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Originally posted by Hrelp
If thats the case wouldn't the knob have no resistance? It defenatly has resistance now...

it depends really, best way to check is take shock out and remove spring, it should be easy to spot if the eyelet is coming loose.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
its blown
:stupid:

The only Romic I have seen came installed on a KHS and was blown out of the box. Sounds like your acts the same way as this did.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Originally posted by vitox
if the shock has a fast rebound then check that the shock eyelet that holds the rebound knob isnt unscrewing itself from the shaft
Mine did the same thing. It also bent slightly because it had unscrewed. Pull off the spring and look closely, play with the eyelet. You'll be able to tell if it has play or not.