Quantcast

Romic springs

Stab

Chimp
Jan 23, 2007
SOCal
I just bought a Romic 8in shock w/ a 450lb spring. I weigh 160lbs so I think I may need a 300lb or 350lb spring. First does that sound right and second where can I buy these Springs if at all.

Thanks
Greg

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I just bought a Romic 8in shock w/ a 450lb spring. I weigh 160lbs so I think I may need a 300lb or 350lb spring. First does that sound right and second where can I buy these Springs if at all.

Thanks
Greg
You can get them from Romic if you can get a hold of them, they are the same spring that avalanche uses so you can see if they have one that'll fit.. The spring weight is going to depend on the frame.

Stab

Chimp
Jan 23, 2007
SOCal
I'll call Romic. I wasn't sure if they were still around. I just got a Foes Fly.

Thanks

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Romic is still servicing and custom building shocks for bikes. The main focus is for custom cars but they will still help you out. Try calling on Tuesdays, Roger has a part time helper that goes to college working on bike shocks. Rebuilds are still under $40.

I'd trade either a 300 or a 350 for the 450 or both with a trade and $10.

Romic tech

Chimp
Jan 15, 2002
cal.
Just to make it clear... Romic is still doing shocks for MTB. We have springs and still doing service.
Thanks
Roger@Romic

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
I just got my Romic back from a rebuild 3 or so weeks ago and its butter! Such a difference- I can't believe I didn't get it rebuilt earlier.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I ran a 550 for awhile and then a 450 on my Fly and I weigh 175. The 450 was a little soft for me. I would think the 450 would work great for you.

i need to get mine rebuilt so badly! but i still love it nonetheless!

as for springs, you can also run a Rockshox Vivid spring on the Romic, when i needed a stiffer spring, thats what i did and it works fine... all you need to worry about is the inner diameter of the spring, if it is 1.5" youre fine.
yes, avalanche springs are the same too... theyre all metal right?:biggrin:

i'm 185-190lbs geared and i run a 450# spring with my super blown Romic on a Rotec RL9... it still bottoms like no tomorrow, but i set it up for that either way. i know that once i get the shock rebuilt it wont be as lazy and thick feeling... it definitley wasnt when i first rode it! (2 1/2 years ago:busted:)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
One more thing to add, Maybe Roger can chime back in of this if things have changed, Romics, when setup properly, will usually be able to bottom in the parking lot fairly easily, but once on the trail and your using the shock, the reactor valve makes the shopck really come alive. Talked to Roger about this years ago at Fontana, I was having issues with the setup, and Roger was the one telling me to run a softer spring, and it worked great!!!

Roger, I am very happy to see you posting, and announcing that we can still get service, my question is, whats the best way for us to contact, I have sent a couple emails without responce. I would really really like to get mine rebuilt, its in pretty bad shape.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I loved my Romic shock on the FLY.

Get it rebuilt and run it. The 450 wil be perfect. Post a pic of the FLY.

Stab

Chimp
Jan 23, 2007
SOCal
The fly is still in pieces. I need a couple more things. Once it's together I'll post pics. I'm totally stoked on this bike. I've been riding a 99 Kona Stab for way too long. Although I love the Stab, I'm looking forward to 3in more of travel in front and rear :-)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well, calling on Tuesday worked. Just got mine back, and I can tell a difference in teh settigns again!!! Thanks Roger, I will have to correct people down the hill when I hear them talking that things are not as they are. feels great , thanks.