Quantcast

Rotec RL9 demo day at PA

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Hey NW monkeys, its Sully at Roteccycle, I'll be in Port Angles, Washington the day after Xmas for some riding and demos on our new frame the RL9!

If anyones interested give me a call at 425-220-8663.

From my understanding their will be others riding as well. I'll be stoked to take it for a rip again after riding 38 this past weekend.

If you're riding clips, bring'em.

later,

Sully

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Dang, dont think i can make that trip. Post again if you'll be out at one of the seattle area spots.... i;d like to throw a leg over that bike.....

D

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
SuperSlow said:
cool idea. I just moved here from texas. Do you know how far from bellingham port a is? Id love to get a ride in on a rl9
Its an hour and a half to Edmunds, half hour ferry ride, then an hour on the other side. You can also take the whidbey Island (Keystone/Port Townsend) ferry its about 20 minutes faster total, but that ferry is small and does'nt run as often so you should research that before you go that route. Plus you can sometimes get held up due to low tides.

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
So will someone PM the riding location? Is it cool to say where the riding will be taking place? I know its one of two places, but... Sully didnt post the location.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Right on.....

Have yet to see the bike in person.

I am assuming it is the location that the WIM and local races were held. Exact directions I don't have. But it was west out of PA on 101 and a left at the store (I think, wasn't it a canoe, rafting, outdoorsy store?) onto a dirt road and hang a right thru the gate.

Mut

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Renton, WA
Everyone's going to meet at the Albertson's off 101 going out of town at 10:00 a.m.
Bring your shuttle truck!

John Sullivan` said:
Hey bibs,

you missed out at 38 on sunday, had it there as well.

hows sst sometime?? never been, sounds like fun!
SST would be fun! Yea, we could meet anytime, was thinking about riding tomorrow afternoon..but let me know. It would not give me a full idea of how good that bike could be, but it will do :D

and saturday I teach spin class in the AM usally go to SST after and ride with certified drunk :D

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
John Sullivan` said:
how bout 38 next week, weather permitting?

I'll have to check my schedule though as I am going to portland to check on progress and vist some shops.
Hey Sully maybe I'll see you and the orange bike if you stop by my work and see Bill T.
Tim

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
The bike was pretty sweet (i think it was at the shop on monday night) although i only got a parking lot test ride :/.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Yo Sully, Tom here!

Saw the frame down at Interbike. Looks very hot and I wanna give it a ride for sure! You gotta go down to SST! Post when and I will definitely show up!

Merry X-mas!
Tom

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Just wanted to let everyone know what a great day was had by all. The weather cleared up just as we pulled in to PA and stayed clear for the remainder of the day. Nothing but positive feeback about the Rotec RL9. According to all who rode it, it feels really stable and is confidence-inspiring.

The Knuck was in great shape as always, thanks to Jason and the boys over there. The pro course got a few little tweaks, and is still steep and techy. PA is such a great place to rip. You have your choice of two totally sweet trails. I can't wait to get back over there.

Just thought I'd let everyone know how sweet a day it was. Later!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Yes, it was a blast! I had 3 girls to ride with so that was a treat! Thanks girls :thumb: The trail was a little slimy...still sweeeeeet though! Can't wait to get back out there and get the expert/pro course dialed for the race in May!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Here is a picture that FREAK took of me with his very nice new Christmas present his wonderful wife got him!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
bibs said:
let me know when, we can both go and save sully some time. I want an orange one, so tell kevin he has to pick another colour :D
Colour? When did you turn Canadian, eh?

How does you weekend look?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
ROTEC SUCKS!

Just kidding.
I'll give you guys my impression of it after I get a chance to ride it here shortly.
Sully?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Rotec is Awesome!
Sully just brought the orange proto RL9 over to my place for a quick ride. That thing pedals great yet still absorbs curbs, steps, and the odd crack whore (hey I live in a bad section of Portland). When riding it feels many pounds lighter than the 47 lbs Sully stated. I stood and mashed the pedals up a hill and it just zipped right up, no problem.
I can't wait for a real test ride! :thumb:
Tim