Quantcast

Roughrider Freeride Festival pics

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
is it me or do those landings look flat? i like my momentum to flow in the same direction as im falling. getting bucked sucks

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
igotabike said:
is it me or do those landings look flat? i like my momentum to flow in the same direction as im falling. getting bucked sucks

whats wrong with drops to flat there only a little harder

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
igotabike said:
no, they do look flat. props to the riders for doing them in any case, and they're probably fun.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
I dont remember you riding here..You should check it out.. I just like too ride.. I think those drops are awesome.. They are not hard.. They are funn.. Hope you have a good bike.. We are just havin funn here.. We do have the best freeridin in Texass.. I am down for some riding.. late :mumble:

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Hey, those are some nice pictures. It really looks like you guys were having a good time. Keep it up and keep posting the pics.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Nice website lonewolfe.. I wish i could race NYC.. I hear they have some awesome courses.. We are having a race in late march w/ another jump comp.. Everyone should come down!! Its awesome.. We have a blast here.. :evil:

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
I don't know about u guys, but I've been there and there is no drops to flat.
The downhill course has some drops to a small landing, but no drops to flat.
That big one that you see there has a pretty good landing maybe not good enough but not flat. That one big drop is around fifteen feet. I don't think anyone would be landing it if it was flat.

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
im sure everybody has ridden off a loading dock to flat before. where i grew up thats all there is if you want a drop. it took moving to austin for me to discover that i prefer to land on a downward slope at speed (i dont ever want to do trials). im just wondering if these people have landed on a good transition before and prefer near flat or what. maybe they just dont want to dig a better slope. sometimes you have to break your bike or your wheels or your cranks to learn to appreciate a proper transition

igotabike said:
It's just you. :p Photography is a weird thing when it comes to portraying reality. It's hard to recreate depth on a 2d piece of paper (or monitor).

The landings are actually quite steep. Like others have said, maybe they're not the steepest trannys in the world, but if you were standing there in person they would be steep...and higher. That's why so many people say "this picture just doesn't do justice", sometimes it's hard to get just the right angle to show what you're seeing and experiencing.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
igotabike said:
im sure everybody has ridden off a loading dock to flat before. where i grew up thats all there is if you want a drop. it took moving to austin for me to discover that i prefer to land on a downward slope at speed (i dont ever want to do trials). im just wondering if these people have landed on a good transition before and prefer near flat or what. maybe they just dont want to dig a better slope. sometimes you have to break your bike or your wheels or your cranks to learn to appreciate a proper transition
ugottabike?,
Every trail cant be the same.. you have to work w/ what you got.. I try and ride in every aspect, trials, dh, jumpin(steeps and flat), trail riding.. Go ride already.. You can bag the trails after you come and see for yourself.. You are gonna break your bike regardless, unless yur not pushin it.. There is a race in late march, come on down.. Itll be good funn.. late
:mumble:

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
im not gonna come out there based on the pics ive seen. so far ive just seen a few drops and i prefer flowing trails

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
In late march, maybe the last weekend.. We will see.. Also havin a jump comp same weekend.. Our trails do flow, just ask the Dirty Cartell.. They know wasup.. Thats cool though if easy flowing trails is yur game, dont come here cause we have only medium-hard flowing trails. I dont recommend beginners too come down unless they are willing to step it up.. We do have a beginner dh that flows down from the cc trail.. We do have the best freeriding in Texas.. Edster come on down.. It will be worth the trip.. I am gonna try to get up to Canyon again soon.. I will let ya know.. peace :mumble:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
that place looks cool. I think the landings look good enough, all ya need is a little speed to smoove em out like land o lakes butta.

do you ever go to that place with all the ladders near hueco tanks state park near el paso?

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
mountaingoat said:
In late march, maybe the last weekend.. We will see.. Also havin a jump comp same weekend.. Our trails do flow, just ask the Dirty Cartell.. They know wasup.. Thats cool though if easy flowing trails is yur game, dont come here cause we have only medium-hard flowing trails. I dont recommend beginners too come down unless they are willing to step it up.. We do have a beginner dh that flows down from the cc trail.. We do have the best freeriding in Texas.. Edster come on down.. It will be worth the trip.. I am gonna try to get up to Canyon again soon.. I will let ya know.. peace :mumble:
That place is the sheit. Igotalabium u couldn't even ride the xc trails out there (JK). The hole atmosphere, weather, terrain, and hanging out with some really cool dudes, U just can't ask for more out of the place, but a ski lift. We can go out there and do what ever we want, too an extent. Like for instance if u have a body that u want to make disappear, well anyways u get the point. If u haven't been out there to experience it, don't talk sheit. That big drop has more then enough transition to land in. Check this out next time we go up there we are having a race down a 1.5 mile shuttle road 10x style. Its your loss u guys don't come out. Hey james did u have those cute redbull girls out there again. O and good news on the wrist I'm riding. It feels so good. I'm not going big but I'm riding. I can't believe this. I broke my right wrist about 7 weeks ago and acquired 13 screws and some artaficial bone. I can manual, bunnyhop, jump small stuff and I'm even going on small xc rides on my SS. U get what u pay for.

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
igotabike said:
im not gonna come out there based on the pics ive seen. so far ive just seen a few drops and i prefer flowing trails
Igotalabium they got trails all over that place that flow. Did u not see the helmetcam where grodo fell in front of me and dislocated his pinkie.

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
azonicbruce said:
It's just you. :p Photography is a weird thing when it comes to portraying reality. It's hard to recreate depth on a 2d piece of paper (or monitor).

The landings are actually quite steep. Like others have said, maybe they're not the steepest trannys in the world, but if you were standing there in person they would be steep...and higher. That's why so many people say "this picture just doesn't do justice", sometimes it's hard to get just the right angle to show what you're seeing and experiencing.
thank u

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
dirtyj said:
That place is the sheit. Igotalabium u couldn't even ride the xc trails out there (JK). The hole atmosphere, weather, terrain, and hanging out with some really cool dudes, U just can't ask for more out of the place, but a ski lift. We can go out there and do what ever we want, too an extent. Like for instance if u have a body that u want to make disappear, well anyways u get the point. If u haven't been out there to experience it, don't talk sheit. That big drop has more then enough transition to land in. Check this out next time we go up there we are having a race down a 1.5 mile shuttle road 10x style. Its your loss u guys don't come out. Hey james did u have those cute redbull girls out there again. O and good news on the wrist I'm riding. It feels so good. I'm not going big but I'm riding. I can't believe this. I broke my right wrist about 7 weeks ago and acquired 13 screws and some artaficial bone. I can manual, bunnyhop, jump small stuff and I'm even going on small xc rides on my SS. U get what u pay for.
Sup dirty? Sounds like yur ready to rock and roll.. I cant wait fur summer.. I will give ya an email on the shizznizzle.. Wasup w/ mr. labia? Sounds like his p***y will hurt if he tries anything harder than easy flowin trail..
:thumb: :evil: Thats alright if he dont wanna come cause we dont need him gettin hurt..

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
Thats 2 funny. as for the labia hes not going to go this year. Hes getting a M3 and is selling the v10 in a couple of weeks, so he technically doesn't have a bike, but he does??? does that make sense. As for igotalabium hes cool. Hes a vet in are group that we just except.hehe

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
dirtyj said:
Thats 2 funny. as for the labia hes not going to go this year. Hes getting a M3 and is selling the v10 in a couple of weeks, so he technically doesn't have a bike, but he does??? does that make sense. As for igotalabium hes cool. Hes a vet in are group that we just except.hehe

Thats cool.. We know some people like that too.. Why would he sell the v10? Intense sucks.. hehehe.. Is there a difference btwn mr. labia and igottalabium?

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
igotabike is not nearly as cool as clabia. igotabike doesnt even have a downhill bike. when igotabike went to durango he crashed so many times during practice that he didnt even race. but he still enjoys runnin his mouth...
thanks for sticking up for me dirty j

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Weaver said:
you bitches let me know about these races... im down...
Last weekend in March.. Its gonna be good funn.. We will have a jump comp too. Yall are welcome too come on down its a hoot.. food , funn, and some danger.. Wahooo.. Beer for those 21 and over.. late..
:evil:

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
dirtyamerican said:
Hey y'all...be prepared to be skooled like never before!!

(Hi Matt!)
Demo 9 and Scream schoolin sounds like fun. HOYL CRAP THERE ARE 3 KANSAS GUYS ON RIDEMONKEY YEAH BUDDY
(yo Jason)