Quantcast

ROUND 4...COPA TICA 2011, Costarican downhill cup

CRFRDH

Chimp
Jul 23, 2009
Costa Rica, Heredia

El Establo Hotel is ready for the 4th round of the Downhill COPA TICA 2011 this coming sunday May 1st.

With its private trail within the hotel premises, the organization and the hotel staff are waiting for another sucessful round for the costarican downhill, this is the reason behind the hotel is puttin a lot of the people and machines to work to let the trail to its best and highest level.

Leading the cup, Carlos Castillo will need to put all his skills into work for the 1.7km trail, which it have the longest jumps in a downhill track in our country, some of them have more than 6mts of lenght, very tecnical sections with sharp corners with berms that the riders will have to be careful with their speeds and avoid hitting a tree. Bazil Cambronero and Alvaro Hidalgo, back from Panamericans have their own bag of tricks and are going int he persued of Castillo, that only holds a 25pts gap with Cambronero.

The town of Monteverde is world wide known for it rain forest and lots of biodiversity, but the weather have being benevolent for this round as the track is completly dry, which is not the standard for this time of the year. And supporting the sport, the Hotel have a special price for the people staying there and enjoying the adrenaline rush these stages of the downhill cup.

Sunday is all set for starting at 9am, waiting for the more than 70 riders expected to head to Monteverde for a long weekend.

This is a sick vid from the course...

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/192374/

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Sweet! I just got an offer to move down to Costa Rica at the end of may to lead trail crews at a resort in the southwest part of the country. Very excited to see that there are DH races in June and July! I'm hoping I find good riding there!

jayjay22

Chimp
Nov 8, 2006
Vancouver
I just got back from riding 7 days if full on DH in Costa Rica, what a great country. Glad the hear there are many DH riders down there.

CRFRDH

Chimp
Jul 23, 2009
Costa Rica, Heredia
xy9nine, well, there is riding everywhere in Costa Rica, in regard of DH specifically, you need to get in touch with the people, overall in the country might be in 250-300riders and its growing exponentially, I run the only website fully dedicated to DH and FR in the country, www.crfreeridedownhill.com, and honestly, since we got in the www, the sport grew from 30-40rides racing the Cup back in 2008, to an avg of 95-100riders this year.

Monteverde trail is awesome, very FR style not as harsh tecnical DH, but is a hell of a fun trail to ride, with big jumps. Its located within the property of the luxurious Hotel El Establo, which to our benefit, some of the owners loovee and practice the DH...so they do special rates when we organize an event there... :)

Mulestar...I will PM you, just got to the office and read the mail... :)

jayjay22....I know how you got your 7days riding...but, basically, like I said in the beginning there are many, many riders in the country and they love to have foreigners to show them our trails, but in the way you got your trip here you don't get your chance to socialize as much, but that is cool too if you want something more private...

So, yes, our work is basically ad-honorem type of work in our website (i have my job in a big company), but our goal is to promote and get the DH/FR to grow as much as we can in Costa Rica...so, whenever you guys or whomever want to come to CR, send me an email, I will be glad to help you out here...

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Awesome man, i'm glad you posted. I was a little hesitant to dive into this without knowing much about the riding, but this is really promising.

...I better start working on my spanish!