Quantcast

RS Team to World Cup conversion

ape

Chimp
Jan 15, 2007
Anyone tried to upgrade their Team to World Cup status? Before I invest in the air side parts and swap her up I wondered if anyone else has tried it.

Parts numbers and a little research have revealed that the stanchions on the World Cup have been honed to get a better seal for the air so I'm curious to find out if the team stanchions will hold the seal properly.

Thoughts? Jibes? Insight?

ape

Chimp
Jan 15, 2007
Thanks, Ya I remember that thread. It was more of a flame war than an info session but I was hoping a few months post-burnage there might be some real world feedback.

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
The stock, unhoned stanchion, of the boxxer team/race will hold air just fine, without any noticable increase in stiction. This holds true even after a season of riding with a spring in it and converting it to air. I tried it and had no issues, with both a homemade air conversion kit, and the actual air piston assembly from the world cup and both had no issues holding air. You can buy the honed stanchion if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, but its not really neccesary, unless your stanchion is botched beyond belief and impedes performance as is.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
why why why, coil works better mate, just leave it how it is, you wont go any faster.. All you will get is a shi**er ride and more problems..

if you really want to look like you have WC, then buy the lower legs in white.!!!

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
why why why, coil works better mate, just leave it how it is, you wont go any faster.. All you will get is a shi**er ride and more problems..

if you really want to look like you have WC, then buy the lower legs in white.!!!
dude give it a rest!!!

they will never listen, but i guess you enjoy the **** storm that follows huh?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
indeed. the wc air spring rocks ass. no more coils for me, thank you. sounds like some positive feedback on the conversion. make it so, ape!

ape

Chimp
Jan 15, 2007
The parts were cheap so they are on the way. I picked up a pair of world cup lowers via ebay a while ago at a price I couldn't refuse whch may have helped fuel this little experiment. I'm gonna give it a shot and if I don't like the results then I can easily return to coil.

brett837

Chimp
Apr 24, 2007
I have hears that the conversion from a boxxer race to a world cup is also possible. Are there any extra parts needed if you are doing the conversion with a boxxer race instead of a team like most people have talked about?