Quantcast

Rydz

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Damn True
What makes your checkbook tingle?
If I had to pick ONE vehicle

The ability to carry myself, my dog in the back, some friends and at least a few bikes with a good rack. It would be good in all kinds of weather, could shuttle up all but the nastiest roads. And oh ya the fact that it can beat the living PISS out of 95% of all streetable cars out there performance wise is an added bonus. And that is just stock, just wait until some crazy rich kid gives one of these to a after market Tuner. Oh My.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Dream car I could possibly own someday but most likely won't: Acura NSX

Dream car I could not possibly ever own: Mclaren F1 road car.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

This is about the only American car I would buy. I have no idea why but I love th body styling. I love how they sound when they are well tuned.

I rented a Mustang convertable for my trip to Cali. It will probably be a POS but cool non-the-less.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
for the Cayenne and get a Honda Pilot and a S2000, I might throw some mods at the S2000 but I would have two sweet reliable rigs... One for hauling friends and one for soaking in the sunshine and autocrossing or track days or somehting like that.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I'm looking for something like this, but I doubt I'll be buying off of EBAY. Either a 65-72 Ford F-100 or a Chevy C-10

Something I can work on MYSELF and not have to pay someone $120 each time an electronic part fails for the diagnosis. I've had it with cars. It's either
A. Get something old and get pimped at the pump.
B. Get something new and get pimped by the mechanic.

It's a LOSE/LOSE situation

Knuckle

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Knuckle,
Don't be so sure.
You could get an old truck like that and drop in a Lt-4/750-R4 out of a Camaro or a 5.0 out of a Mustang and have a very reliable vehicle that will get around 22mpg.

As long as you get a pre OBDIII engine working on them is a breeze as the ECU really only controls fuel/spark curve which you never goof with anyway. If it goes out you can get an ECU fairly cheap.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Knuckle,
Don't be so sure.
You could get an old truck like that and drop in a Lt-4/750-R4 out of a Camaro or a 5.0 out of a Mustang and have a very reliable vehicle that will get around 22mpg.
Driving down a hill FOREVER maybe. Those cars didnt even get that kind of mileage new. What do you think is going to happen when you put that motor in a heavier old truck? The mileage isn't going to go up :confused: :confused:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Not true.
If you keep your foot out of the throttle body a 4thgen Camaro will get 20+mpg on the highway. The miracle of EFI and overdrive transmissions.
ummm exactly, and what % of driving is strictly hwy or keeping your foot out of the throttle?

and

Originally posted by Mtb_Rob_FL
What do you think is going to happen when you put that motor in a heavier old truck? The mileage isn't going to go up :confused: :confused:
Lets not forget less aerodynamic as well :devil:

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by Mtb_Rob_FL
ummm exactly, and what % of driving is strictly hwy or keeping your foot out of the throttle?

and

Lets not forget less aerodynamic as well :devil:
Foot out of the throttle body is a twist on the phrase "Foot in the carburator." Which means driving around gassing it everywhere.

If you don't drive the thing like you stole it, you keep the motor in relatively stock trim, and you keep it well tuned it'll get 20+.

A friend of mine has a '70 Camaro (heavier and far less aero than the 4thGen Camaro it came out of) with an LT-4 and an overdrive tranny (750-R4 I think) that gets 23 on highway trips as long as he dosen't cross the Sierra's or something. The LT-4 might be wound a little too tight for the pickup, but I'd wager a lot it could be easilly done with an LT-1 and an overdriven automatic.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i like supercars and all, but these are the ones that are close enough to reality that to provoke real lust:

and in tribute of my old Z:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
300Zs are so sweet. if i had to have 1 car, it'd be a Subaru wagon. if i could keep my truck and get another car....

my realistic dream car is still a WS-6 Trans Am. i see those and my peepee tingles.

or a 91-93 Mustang Cobra. oi. i have a soft spot for all Cobras for some reason. any time i pass a Saleen, i about break my neck. someone who works at one of the malls here has an 02 Roush.

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Mmmmmmm... ~500hp...

Cadillac is BACK baby!

The 'power buldge' on the hood will be 86ed on the production car. ...Let the power bulge jokes commence:

Honeywell

Monkey
Sep 21, 2001
Bellingham
Anyone see this? Honda is making plans to bring back the CRX, at least supposedly. I've driven a buddy's CRX Si and that thing was a blast!

While Honda thinks about reintroducing one of its most glorious models, we can't help but blurt out our full support, - this is a no-brainer, guys.

The CRX was brilliant when Honda developed it almost 20 years ago, and the tearaway combination of light and potent hasn't lost its appeal. Honda is believed to be seriously considering developing a two-seat sports car with those qualities, using its new Global Small Platform. The car, which Honda insiders are already calling the CRX, could appear in late 2004 or early 2005.

For the Japanese market, the CRX will exist in two forms: an entry-level model with a 1.0-litre DOHC VTEC triple producing appoximately 74 kW (the engine derived from the block used in Honda's Insight hybrid coupé), and a hardcore 1.6-litre DOHC four cylinder engine (also with VTEC) generating 110-115 kW. Not incredible, until you realise that the target weight for the four-cylinder coupé is said to cut under 800 kg. Put it this way - that's 200 kg less than the Mini and 175 kg lighter than an MR2.

This gives the 1.6-litre variant a tidy 7.27 kg/kW ratio in the worst case. By comparison, a 225 kW VXII SS Commodore has a kilogram-to-kilowatt ratio of 7.52. So, if Honda builds it, the little CRX will stand-out quick. Transmissions proposed are a five-speed manual for the 1.0-litre three cylinder, and a six-speed manual for the 1.6-litre. Use of Honda's CVT is said to be under study, but is not yet an official part of the programme.

The new two-seater is small, and information from Honda indicates a wheelbase in the 2250 to 2350 mm range, overall length of less than 3650 mm, width of 1690 mm and height below 1270 mm. This makes it a strictly a two-pew affair.

Attachments

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
Originally posted by Incubus
Mmmmmmm... ~500hp...

Cadillac is BACK baby!

The 'power buldge' on the hood will be 86ed on the production car. ...Let the power bulge jokes commence:

New STS. Sweet. I am really really diggin the new Caddies!