Quantcast

S*a*t*u*r*d*a*y*

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Rebuilt my Mastodon, installed a new high-flow midvalve piston, some air seals and the main seals. What a bitch, not super hard, but in my current condition everything just takes crazy long, so it was damn near an all-day affair. Trying to get it more compliant and avoiding the winter stick-down that occasionally happens when it's cold, as the "winter fork" was only tested/speced to -15C. Hooked up the ice-water circulation machine...seems like it's actually working now. Post-surgery it didn't do crap because I couldn't get close to the wound/skin and now I can finally put it within one layer of the skin. Feels good.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Moved 3 cubic yards of mulch and 2 cubic yards of soil by shovel today. Sore is an understatement. Front yard garden beds are prepped for next week's planting. Backyard still needs three large stumps removed and the rock fill pulled out, but Wifey's already done half the rock removal.

Shower and then sleep.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Watched Prey, wife and I both enjoyed. Easily the best Predator film since the original.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My fishing buddy has always been a horrible fly caster. Hey has gotten better with me coaching him. I took a good look at his set up today. It's an entry level fly set up. The line was crap. I'm betting it's level not even tapered. I pulled out one of my back up reels with a Rio weight forward floating line in a 5 wt to match his rod. Within minutes he was making nice casts and catching trout on a dry fly. You should have seen the grin on his face. Win!!!!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Drivers around here would most certainly change your mind. And I would have to ride at least 10 miles on a two lane road that has semi trucks ripping down it 24/7 just to get to the trail where cars get broken into, people shot, bodies found, etc. The other two trails are even further. So please continue to enlighten me.
Sounds like it is time to move then?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Drivers around here would most certainly change your mind. And I would have to ride at least 10 miles on a two lane road that has semi trucks ripping down it 24/7 just to get to the trail where cars get broken into, people shot, bodies found, etc. The other two trails are even further. So please continue to enlighten me.
Nice to hear that our local trailheads aren't the only hell holes. It is a balancing act of not going when is too crowded to find a spot and not so empty that your car will get broken into.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Nice to hear that our local trailheads aren't the only hell holes. It is a balancing act of not going when is too crowded to find a spot and not so empty that your car will get broken into.
I have to admit though, that the gang members I encountered were polite. Possibly MS-13 but not sure if there’s another rival gang. Unlike a lot of obnoxious and rude, American flag clothing wearing, open mouth breathers that have invaded my Art District.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have to admit though, that the gang members I encountered were polite. Possibly MS-13 but not sure if there’s another rival gang. Unlike a lot of obnoxious and rude, American flag clothing wearing, open mouth breathers that have invaded my Art District.

We just have tweakers tweaking or looking for shit to steal so they can get some cash for more tweaking.