Quantcast

S.I.C. proto finsh

Would you rock these?

• Yes

Votes: 61 62.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • No, I'm a yuppie and it won't match my bike!

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
Marty showed up at the local snow race and brought this along..he is considering putting this into production, possibly a limited quality with a few changes. I suggested some Gold/brass bolts and a 1/50 type etching..call it the "dresser collection". Here's a "would you purchase" poll and answer it truthfully, S.I.C. stuff isn't cheap and we know how everyone is about parts making so give it some thought!

Pic's aren't the best but too bad :nopity:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
holy crap that would look insanely pimp with my blood red ridge!! i usually dont care if stuff looks good all together but seeing as how the bars and stem almost perfectly match my bike it would just look awesome if i got them. im already rocking some sic bars and a sic stem so i definitely like the stuff they put out.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Yes, I would buy the stem. I really like the camodized one but this is definitely a cooler finish.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i would in a hart beat if i had like a white bike or maybee a red one. who knows it would have to go good with the frame color to do it but i would still rock them.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I give them points for pulling off a new finish and having it turn out well, but to me it looks extremely ugly. Same goes for camodizing, its hideous. There is nothing that wrong with black that I would be tempted to put either one of those monstrosities on my bike.

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
it would be cool if it looked less like wood.

id buy the stem but not the bars, i dont know why i just think the combo is overkill

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
That almost looks like a red wood grain.
Now, an oak (dark brown) wood grain I would totally buy.
I think it's a good looking finish, but it's not for me as is.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
kidwoo said:
Man that's as cool and timeless as purple annodization and dh bikes trying to look like gaudy ass motobikes.

Go with it, it'll be huge.
Word. I'm sure the product is quality but that finish is fugly.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
JRogers said:
Word. I'm sure the product is quality but that finish is fugly.
Don't get me wrong, SIC makes some very high quality goods. But my point was more that no matter how completey garish you get with mtb stuff and no matter how tasteless it may seem to many.........it will gain high popularity with enough of the population to make it viable from a production/return standpoint.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
mxer338 said:
it would be cool if it looked less like wood.

id buy the stem but not the bars, i dont know why i just think the combo is overkill
that would be cooler if it looked MORE like wood. But then again I've always thought dh bikes should be tastelessly gaughty (spelling?)

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
WOOD GRAIN is what it looks like.
I would definatly rock those but its hard to get away from thompson protapr

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Kinda neat but I stay out of fashion threads...oops too late. :)

Seriously, they are different and for that reason alone they might sell. But I stopped caring about colors when someone correctly pointed out to me in '86 that my pink dyno freestyle bike was fugly as hell.