Quantcast

S.S. top ten

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the highlights of the weekend as far as i'm concerned.

1/ ben. (those who were there know why.)
2/ the doughnut pelting.
3/ windrock riders and their results.
4/ "ricky" in red w/socks.
5/ the digs and all who shared them.
6/ rice crispy treats. which led to.......
7/ the hunka hunka b.b.q. burger.
8/ saturday practice with ziska and "T".
9/ the bear in doug's truck.
10/ fast, dry trails !!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Ben gave it up for the team like no one else. On my race run I was motoring down Ball 'N' Jack, when I see Ben in front of me (he suffered a flat). I yelled at him and without hesitation he leaped off the trail, at his own risk, head first down the hill dragging his bike behind him. I didn't even have to touch the brakes. Part of my result is due to his selflessness. Thanks.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
the highlights of the weekend as far as i'm concerned.

1/ ben. (those who were there know why.)
2/ the doughnut pelting.
3/ windrock riders and their results.
4/ "ricky" in red w/socks.
5/ the digs and all who shared them.
6/ rice crispy treats. which led to.......
7/ the hunka hunka b.b.q. burger.
8/ saturday practice with ziska and "T".
9/ the bear in doug's truck.
10/ fast, dry trails !!
Awesome, and if you weren't there than you suck!

I'll have to add to the list, #11 the after race cocktail party in the pits before the rain. I am pretty sure we would have all been completely hammered if that rain didn't show.

I had an incredible weekend and it had to be one of the best race trips I've taken. I only wish we were still up there riding!

Big thanks to Ziska and DJ because I know I would have been pummeled into the ground if I didn't throw down.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
spoke80 said:
I had an incredible weekend and it had to be one of the best race trips I've taken.
if i had a dollar for every time i heard someone say those exact words.......

i talked with soooo many old and new friends who couldn't quite get over how much fun was being crammed into one weekend.
it didn't bother me in the least to miss the monsterpark stuff.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
Ben gave it up for the team like no one else. On my race run I was motoring down Ball 'N' Jack, when I see Ben in front of me (he suffered a flat). I yelled at him and without hesitation he leaped off the trail, at his own risk, head first down the hill dragging his bike behind him. I didn't even have to touch the brakes. Part of my result is due to his selflessness. Thanks.
Shoo, tire tracks across my back would have hurt alot more!:rofl:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Now does anyone have footage of the road gap early Friday? I am looking for a certain bit of footage that I think everyone has seen but me. Post up or email me at yetirdr@hotmail.com if you got it.

I believe that Ben Hulse (green Ironhorse) had some footage.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
spoke80 said:
Now does anyone have footage of the road gap early Friday? I am looking for a certain bit of footage that I think everyone has seen but me. Post up or email me at yetirdr@hotmail.com if you got it.

I believe that Ben Hulse (green Ironhorse) had some footage.
heard you had a Monster Park moment bro. Sounds like just bumps and bruises though...good to know it didn't cash you in.

Oh..and mud and mayhem be damned, I'm there in September. Have the money set aside this time and it WILL NOT be touched. I'll bring the hunting dogs and some air raid sirens to keep Smokey away...

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
heard you had a Monster Park moment bro. Sounds like just bumps and bruises though...good to know it didn't cash you in.
I'll admit it was on my mind for the rest of the runs I made on Friday. But nothing feels better than doing it right when the clock starts.

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
profro said:
Congrats on your finish, Doug. Looks like all the Knoxville crew had some great results.

Saw Jurgen Beneke in the results!! Hadn't heard that name in about fifteen years.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
spoke80 said:
I'll admit it was on my mind for the rest of the runs I made on Friday. But nothing feels better than doing it right when the clock starts.
the vet's all decided that the thing wasn't worth the effort.
none of us hit it all weekend.
mainly because there wasn't anything to be gained from it (in our class) as far as real time.

we all felt it was all about who was the most comfortable maintaining maximum velocity for the long stretches that were required down below that jump.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
seabass said:
Saw Jurgen Beneke in the results!! Hadn't heard that name in about fifteen years.

I was super stoked to beat him this time. He must have crashed or had a mechanical. However, I've lost to him already twice this year. He won Diablo #2 and placed very well at the US Open. I sat down with him and talked about racing and stuff for about 20 minutes before the race. He is super cool.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
also an addition to my aforementioned list.

everytime "T" and i took off, we started at the lift.
so by the time we got to the starthouse, we were motorin at a good clip.
that poor guy sitting at the starthouse would see us coming, stand back and hollar at us to slow the .... down.

finally after 8-10 passes, our last run of the day we rolled to a stop and i explained to him, "how else do you expect us to clear the plywood ramp?"

old enough to know better, doesn't always mean that you do.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
the vet's all decided that the thing wasn't worth the effort.
none of us hit it all weekend.
mainly because there wasn't anything to be gained from it (in our class) as far as real time.

we all felt it was all about who was the most comfortable maintaining maximum velocity for the long stretches that were required down below that jump.
Not the case in the elite class, it was mandatory. But we also didn't have the Geritol feed zone!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah. I knew before I drove up there I was going to hit it no matter the size. However I was pretty worried about the doubles for a bit on Friday. I crashed on them several times yet I knew I wasn't going to be competitve until I hit them. So I studied them a lot after lunch and finally got them down with no problems.

I love racing.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
profro said:
I love racing.
yeah.
competitive fire.
me too once again.

practice is fun, reading and learning every little nuance of a new trail, and adjusting to it as your speed increases.

galli's whippin our butt's.
but he trains for it and deserves it.
and with malinowski,
i finally have some in that class who's speed and skill level is comparable to what you guys have allowed me to maintain.

all three of us talked this weekend about the fun of riding with others way younger than us.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
yeah.
competitive fire.
me too once again.

practice is fun, reading and learning every little nuance of a new trail, and adjusting to it as your speed increases.

galli's whippin our butt's.
but he trains for it and deserves it.
and with malinowski,
i finally have some in that class who's speed and skill level is comparable to what you guys have allowed me to maintain.

all three of us talked this weekend about the fun of riding with others way younger than us.
I still do not understand how you old farts don't just turn to dust once you cross the line after a rough course. :love: :rofl:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
spoke80 said:
I still do not understand how you old farts don't just turn to dust once you cross the line after a rough course. :love: :rofl:
well if we're gonna talk dust.
howabout saturday, you eatin some of mine ?? :rofl:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
that's a pretty cool photo though.

but if there's a god in heaven, we'll soon see some amazing video.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Good times indeed this weekend! A great showing for "Team Windrock". I'd planned on getting some race pics of you guys Sat. but couldn't seem to seperate myself from my bike long enough. I couldn't've asked for a better group to ride with.

Got a few pics to share, but it's not much. Snapped a few pics during warm-ups Sun. and then the rain came.

Damon playing around up top.