Quantcast

S Works Demo 8 Ad

b.utters

Monkey
Mar 30, 2011

Not sure if this has already been posted. It looks ****ing amazing.

Edit: Click on the pic for a larger version.

Last edited:

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Are they referring to Hill's championship on 2010 or Brosnan's on 2011? I suppose Brosnan, cause I thought Hill rode an aluminium frame on MSA.
If they refer to Brosnan's Junior championship, that is really crappy marketing because of the Cole's victory on Lahar. Even if they referred to Hill's 2010 championship, it would still be crappy marketing, but then they could have said "Juniors don't count" or something like that.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
If I'm not wrong, isn't the point of most of these carbon rigs to increase frame durability now that they've learned weight savings is secondary. Not that it's not still uber-important to math wiz's world wide.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I see DLC coating. I assume this is one of Troys or Sams bikes?!
My thoughts too, will the make a DLC run for Specialized customers?
Even Black Box isn't on DLC anymore. Still looks the same but not DLC. My guess is they're going to make the move to production with whatever the new material is since they've always maintained that DLC was too cost prohibitive for anything but factory riders. Otherwise why switch?

Last edited:

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
If I'm not wrong, isn't the point of most of these carbon rigs to increase frame durability now that they've learned weight savings is secondary. Not that it's not still uber-important to math wiz's world wide.
you can have both with carbon, the amazing stuff that it is.

and, yeah - the 1st carbon world champ bike (last i heard still running strong):

Mauricus

Chimp
Mar 13, 2009
I have two questions:
1) who made it past the picture and actually read the caption? I didn't even notice that there were words on the page.
2) what bike was the 2006 jr champ on?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I like how you wrote that so authoritatively as if you actually remember (or even knew what DH was in '97) and didn't read it from someone elses previous post on this forum a few months ago.. . . But FYI, Chipie was the co-sponsor of the team. They were (are?) a popular French clothing company and I do not recall watching Vouilloz race in a pair of carbon jeans. Though he did have one hell of a snazzy pair of shiny tights.

But of course you meant to say Sunn Radical with a carbon monocoque front end and steal swingarm, right?
Oh Lee, how I miss you so.