Quantcast

saint crank on v10

Jun 30, 2002
ireland
hello

just a query for a friend really

is it possible to run a saint crank and mrp on a v10?

I know with raceface cranks you gotta run a long axle so I don't knoiw if this will work.

cheers

simon

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
nornirishdave said:
hello

just a query for a friend really

is it possible to run a saint crank and mrp on a v10?

I know with raceface cranks you gotta run a long axle so I don't knoiw if this will work.

cheers

simon

what spindle length does the saint crank have? if its the equivalent to sub120 then you are bound to have trouble.
i tried with XTR and a 116 spindle AND short crank arms, result: semi-successfull with MRP system2, no go with SRS.

i figure with 4mm extra spindle you might pull it off without major mods and filing down the rib on the sideplates of the frame, just maybe.

Jun 30, 2002
ireland
fronm the 3 or 4 i've fitted it would look like its firly similar to a 118 on most octalingk or isis cranks so as you said it woul like like it would run into problems

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
nornirishdave said:
fronm the 3 or 4 i've fitted it would look like its firly similar to a 118 on most octalingk or isis cranks so as you said it woul like like it would run into problems

yes i would stay away from that combination, actually unless the q factor is way different to XTR then they will rub unless you use 165mm

speedster

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Yes, you can run a Saint crank on a V10, but the only one I saw had an SRS on there, not an MRP....it should be similar though.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
SYstem 2 with the fixed inner plate and single outer plate might work, but I know for sure that the system 1 dual plate does NOT. Haven't tried an E13 yet, but I did fit a Saint crank with E13 DRS to a Norco SHore today. Took a little filing and a lot of trial and error, but it eventually got on there. Looks so sweet.