Quantcast

Saint Cranks/Box Guide Question

Mr.Flannery

Chimp
Jan 27, 2007
Greenville, SC
Im looking to get a bashguard for my bike. It has Saint cranks and a truvativ box guide and until recently i was just looking to get a whole new chain guide/bashguard combo (e13, mrp, etc...) But id rather not spend the money since the box guide has been doing just fine but i have a few questions...

First off, will the truvativ bashguard work with the saint cranks? My other question is whether or not the truvativ bashguard is the only one that will work with the box guide, and if not, what are my other options...

Thanks for any help.

scorpionsf

Chimp
Jun 29, 2007
well the box guide looks like ****, spend the like $30 more and get an e-13, better and much cleaner

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
You dont need to run a bash ring with the box guide but if you want to the only one that will work is the Truvativ PC bash guard. The Rock Guard is the the two ring shift guide. Any shop can get it from BTI or QBP.
VM

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I am running a boxguide and saints with an e-13 bash. You have to take the outside piece off of the boxguide (the bash basically replaces it) and you have to cut down the outside flange of the roller, so that you can get it up closer to the guide. I also cut the guide down to just larger than my chainring, it wouldn't work too well if the guide is much larger than the ring.

Mr.Flannery

Chimp
Jan 27, 2007
Greenville, SC
yea...i have the saint bashguard but it wont fit over the box guide as is....i was hesitant about messing with the box guide but now that i know someone else has made it work ill give it a shot...

thanks for the advice