Quantcast

Salem Lake on Sunday AM

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I'm thinking about making the pilgrimage to Salem lake this weekend. I don't know which day as of yet, probably Saturday. Any Winston locals down to ride? Manimal? Steven? Aaron?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i think sat will be wet and cold. i have to work at noon on sat but can make a sunday afternoon ride if the trails aren't too soggy.

just checked the weather and it looks like possible showers on saturday and 26 for the low on sunday which means that if it does get wet on sat, it'll be a slush fest on sunday in some areas while it thaws. but then again, it's held up well to the recent rains because it's so friggin dry.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I'm not sure where i'm riding this weekend, but if the weather holds up salem may be an option...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
:beerjam: and on wet leaves.

More than likely I'll be trying my luck with those jumps and such. So that's where I'll be.

We cleared the leaves out of the jump areas pretty good last Sat. but I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't been completely covered up again. Everything was so dry, it would take a pretty good sized rain to make it mushy, but I'm hearing estimates of about an inch by Sunday, so my guess is we'll have to play it by ear.

jmzd4

Chimp
Nov 13, 2007
yeah, a little to cold and wet, plus the wife has made plans for me already that I wasn't aware of:twitch::disgust: