Quantcast

Sam’s Sunday geometry

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
wow. how did you get the offset holes perfectly straight?
Aligned to each other is relativly easy, but aligned to the centre line of the frame? Now that's tricky.

Some sort of jig that picks up off the rear drop out and seat tube or bb? Eyeball it along the TT?

i think there was some chap in another thread who had made some (Spain?). Seems like a damn fine idea to me - I'd love my 7point to be just a tad slacker.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
Sam schedule:

2006 stock frame, 1 degree slacker e.thirteen head cups
2007 slacker frame, we were testing new geometry for 2008/2009
2008 back to the stock frame, can't get custom ones built anymore, all Sundays going to be built in Taiwan.
so does that mean the geo on sam's 08 sunday would be that of a stock 09?

Sep 12, 2004
WHO THE F_U_C_K CARES!

NONE of you will be as fast or get as good of a race deal as mr. hill and youre not him so who cares. If you are good enough, you will get somebody to make a custom frame that works for YOU! until then, ride your bike, get better, and shut up!

You couldnt be like mike by getting his shoes and you cant be like sam by getting a freaking sunday!

done:plthumbsdown:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
WHO THE F_U_C_K CARES!

NONE of you will be as fast or get as good of a race deal as mr. hill and youre not him so who cares. If you are good enough, you will get somebody to make a custom frame that works for YOU! until then, ride your bike, get better, and shut up!

You couldnt be like mike by getting his shoes and you cant be like sam by getting a freaking sunday!

done:plthumbsdown:
awwwww, sounds like someone is jealous:stosh:

Volcomjerk

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
Netherlands
This is what i found the other day.

Sam weighs 165 pounds so thats around 75 Kg. Hes around 5'9" so about 1.75m tall.

Frame size M

Rear spring 300lb Titanium spring in the new Rockshox rear shock.

Front Boxxer air pressure is usually 125 P.S.I. For Schladming he runs it a bit firmer at 130 P.S.I

Front tyre: Maxxis Wet Scream 2.5 Super Tacky.
The air pressure is usually 23 P.S.I but its increaded to 25 P.S.I for Schladming.

Rear tyre: Maxxis Wet Scream 2.5 Super Tacky.
The air pressure is usually 28 P.S.I , but also increased 2 P.S.I to 30 P.S.I for Schladming.

24-12 8 Speed rear cassette modifyed from a 9 speed with 2 extra spacers on the inside to save a bit of weight and keep the standard X.O rear mech further away from the wheel and spokes. Standard X.O shifter and a 34 tooth front chain ring.

Custom made 720mm wide Funn handle bars. White O.D.I lockon grips

Avid Juicy Ultimate brake levers with Avid Code calipers.

DT ceramic bearing hubs.

Black anodized frame with anodized green rockers no paint to save weight.

Red motorcycle skid plate foam to stop mud clogging up on the frame to save weight on a muddy track.

The bike is said to tip the scales at just under 39 pounds so around 17.6 kg

Cheers,
Roy

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
no man (deadatbirth) I was serious.... :shocked:

So, how can you make a slacker head cups?
Is there any to buy? Or do you have to make it?
I love my Sunday but I really like it to be Little slacker…

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia

this is how it would look like, there was a guy who was making them, otherwise you can get a local machine shop to make then, its not that hard once you get the dimensions right.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
If we all want to save weight so much, let's get serious!!!!!

Is he running tubeless at those pressures or still running tubes?

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Not sure from DHKID's drawing but the hole's for the 1 1/8th headset would have to be offset on two axis's. Otherwise the HA would be the same but the wheelbase would be the same. Probably not that hard for someone good with Solidworks.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
^dirt says its 37lbs, but for once i wish dw would give a straight answer.

Not sure from DHKID's drawing but the hole's for the 1 1/8th headset would have to be offset on two axis's. Otherwise the HA would be the same but the wheelbase would be the same. Probably not that hard for someone good with Solidworks.
not sure what you mean, but that does change the HA.

here is a side view:

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
not sure what you mean, but that does change the HA.

here is a side view:
[/QUOTE]

That was the view I was looking for.

I assume the holes for the 1 1/8" headset cups are not parallel to the to headtube.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
I assume the holes for the 1 1/8" headset cups are not parallel to the to headtube.
that was designed as a copy of the e13 system, where the bearings sit in the cups. the top surface is not offset, but the surface where the bearings sit on is.

nugget

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
somewhere near a town
This is what i found the other day.

Sam weighs 165 pounds so thats around 75 Kg. Hes around 5'9" so about 1.75m tall.

Frame size M

Rear spring 300lb Titanium spring in the new Rockshox rear shock.

Front Boxxer air pressure is usually 125 P.S.I. For Schladming he runs it a bit firmer at 130 P.S.I

Front tyre: Maxxis Wet Scream 2.5 Super Tacky.
The air pressure is usually 23 P.S.I but its increaded to 25 P.S.I for Schladming.

Rear tyre: Maxxis Wet Scream 2.5 Super Tacky.
The air pressure is usually 28 P.S.I , but also increased 2 P.S.I to 30 P.S.I for Schladming.

24-12 8 Speed rear cassette modifyed from a 9 speed with 2 extra spacers on the inside to save a bit of weight and keep the standard X.O rear mech further away from the wheel and spokes. Standard X.O shifter and a 34 tooth front chain ring.

Custom made 720mm wide Funn handle bars. White O.D.I lockon grips

Avid Juicy Ultimate brake levers with Avid Code calipers.

DT ceramic bearing hubs.

Black anodized frame with anodized green rockers no paint to save weight.

Red motorcycle skid plate foam to stop mud clogging up on the frame to save weight on a muddy track.

The bike is said to tip the scales at just under 39 pounds so around 17.6 kg

Cheers,
Roy
And one noticed the different bold that holds the top link to the frame? Seems like only Sam has got it and he's been using that since his 06 Worlds bike.

Can anyone explane the difference?

It looks heaps better than the normal one.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
And one noticed the different bold that holds the top link to the frame? Seems like only Sam has got it and he's been using that since his 06 Worlds bike.

Can anyone explane the difference?

It looks heaps better than the normal one.
Looks like what they use on the 6point and MKIII frames - a large aluminum cap that threads into each side of the frame. No pivot axle running through the frame and no steel hardware - should be lighter.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Looks like what they use on the 6point and MKIII frames - a large aluminum cap that threads into each side of the frame. No pivot axle running through the frame and no steel hardware - should be lighter.
That's exactly what it is. Saves about 16 grams total, for both pivots combined..

So in other words, its for looks pretty much.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
While you're all talking about Sunday Geometry, Can anyone answer this question for me?

I just got a 07 Sunday Team complete bike in small. it was described as a 16" frame but in no way does it measure 16"
from the centre of the BB to the top of the seat tube it's just over 17"
actual toptube is about 20.5" and it does feel nice n short so I'm pretty sure it is a small but then I'm confused as to why it'd be called a 16"?

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
While you're all talking about Sunday Geometry, Can anyone answer this question for me?

I just got a 07 Sunday Team complete bike in small. it was described as a 16" frame but in no way does it measure 16"
from the centre of the BB to the top of the seat tube it's just over 17"
actual toptube is about 20.5" and it does feel nice n short so I'm pretty sure it is a small but then I'm confused as to why it'd be called a 16"?
Don´t worry. The seattube is actuallt the same height as the medium. I was doing some measurements on a medium and a small and it´s the same, at least the late 07´s. You can measure from center headtube to seattube-center and you will get 22,5", the medium is 23,5". I was just as confused as you, when I saw the seattube at first.