Quantcast

Sam Hill is back!!

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
Akula_7 said:
Sam Hill on his way to victory, are they FOX underpants,.........tssk tsssk

it looks like hes wearing troy lee pajamas, probly rolled out of bed did his race run and was back in bed in less than 7 mins :D

anyone have the overall standings now?

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
stiksandstones said:
Congrats to Sam-IH and Madcatz---frickin awesome to have him play the injury smart. He went home, got healed, came back strong. Very cool...people always remember the first few races of the year and the last few-so smart move kid! haha
Just like Bubba! No, wait, Bubba is trying to ruin his career, not prolong it. Sorry, I must have been confused.

jus

Chimp
Nov 3, 2004
I hope Hill takes world champs this year, he deserves it.

Where was this world cup held? And is there a link to anymore pics?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
sayndesyn said:
Same sponsor, different agenda me thinks... Paul (partsbara) was at Willingen with me and had a chat with Liam and said he seemed like a little cocky ****e. Apparently Joel is the opposite..
yeah, apparently germany is alot like bright, victoria... :rolleyes:

whatever... ride ya bros coat-tails... seems pretty common in this sport...

anyway, my wrist is fracked and i m out for 5-6 weeks... sad face day here.......

i have camo plaster tho' :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
wow that's a ton of brits in the top places, well done...was strait the only yank who raced? wtf is w/ the US and the UCI series? how can we as a country, w/ so much to ride and so many riders, suck so bad?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
narlus said:
... wtf is w/ the US and the UCI series? how can we as a country, w/ so much to ride and so many riders, suck so bad?
Me and Jeremy rode the lift with a guy from Australia who summed it up best. I just flat out asked him what made them so fast. He said what they do is work their butts off to save up money to fly out and back. He said he saved up $10k and commited to coming over and doing nothing but racing. He knew he had a HUGE investment in the effort in time, money and his life...so he said if you make that type of investment, you're going to go out and try harder than anybody else and do everything it takes to win because that is what you're there for. People from the US who just had to hop on a plane or a car to do a race aren't as motiviated. He said their motiviation to do well was fueled by the commitment they make just by spending every dime they have to get here and race.

His name is Craig Woodhead(aka Woody)...and he is FAST!

jus

Chimp
Nov 3, 2004
haha woodys nuts!! and super fast. It makes sense for sure.... maybe we should save up alot of money and go race in Australia. Maybe we'll get fast....

jus

Chimp
Nov 3, 2004
I guess it would be easier if you know some of the Ausie pro's to stay with too.... Get to ride with fast guys and stay for cheap.... I wonder if the top guys like Rennie,Kovarik or Sam have to work while thier back home?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
jus said:
I guess it would be easier if you know some of the Ausie pro's to stay with too.... Get to ride with fast guys and stay for cheap.... I wonder if the top guys like Rennie,Kovarik or Sam have to work while thier back home?

I don't think they do. I know Bry has too as well as John Kirkaldie.

As for why out guys aren't that fast, well i think ti comes down to two things, first alot of out younger guys aren't really motivated to race. They would rather do the freeride, urban comp thing, alot of the guys that are motivated to race leave and move over to moto where they can make a decent living at it. Second alot of the blam in on USAC for not supporting DH at all, the lack of events that have UCI points is appauling. You can con't the number of UCI E1 and E2 events in the US on one hand....that is a problem.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Well, I think it has something to do with the amount of time they spend racing. Once the season is over in the States, they go home to Australia, where it is summer, and they race the Australian series. The Australian racers never really have time to get out of shape, since they pretty much race year round and have an endless summer.

Or, it's something in the water...I don't know how to explain it.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Zutroy said:
I don't think they do. I know Bry has too as well as John Kirkaldie.

As for why out guys aren't that fast, well i think ti comes down to two things, first alot of out younger guys aren't really motivated to race. They would rather do the freeride, urban comp thing, alot of the guys that are motivated to race leave and move over to moto where they can make a decent living at it. Second alot of the blam in on USAC for not supporting DH at all, the lack of events that have UCI points is appauling. You can con't the number of UCI E1 and E2 events in the US on one hand....that is a problem.
blaming hte sanctioning body doesn't have anything to do with it. The Aussies are making a living BY COMING HERE and taking the top spots on US BASED TEAMS!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
blt2ride said:
Well, I think it has something to do with the amount of time they spend racing. Once the season is over in the States, they go home to Australia, where it is summer, and they race the Australian series. The Australian racers never really have time to get out of shape, since they pretty much race year round and have an endless summer.
whereas britain's summer is a couple of days. :think:

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
bizutch said:
blaming hte sanctioning body doesn't have anything to do with it. The Aussies are making a living BY COMING HERE and taking the top spots on US BASED TEAMS!

I'm blaming them for not generating any interest in the sport here. Thus not pulling people into it, that is their primary mission, and what they fail most often at.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
It's because Aussies are the finest specimens of humanity to grace this sorry excuse for a planet. Just look at me and Partsy. Giants amongst you mere mortals. ;)