Quantcast

Sam Hill, the new alien?

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
It is looking like sam is poised to dominate the world cup scene the same way that nico did back in the 90's. If not more... Will nico still be the greatest, or will sammy be ricky while nico takes the role of mcgrath? either way, it's great to watch.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
I think Sam has a few more years of butt-kicking to do before people can start comparing him to Nico
agreed... lts of guys go on hot streaks for a while, minnaar, peat, barrel, etc.

though sam apears to be at a level above everyone else at the moment (and will most likely stay there for a while)... Nico did it for years and years. 10 world champ titles, multiple world cup titles, and the most wins ever

one good season does not compare to the career of dominanace that Nico seved up to everyone... but Hill looks like the guy most likely to go that route, and he is young enough to go the distance still.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
15 world cup wins
10 World Championship wins
utter domination

Yeah, Sam has a ways to go for that comparison to be accurate

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Random Fact About Sam Hill:

- On Austrailian toilets Sam Hill spins counter-clockwise.

(Cant Climb): ... ya made it too easy man... :biggrin:

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
agreed... lts of guys go on hot streaks for a while, minnaar, peat, barrel, etc.

though sam apears to be at a level above everyone else at the moment (and will most likely stay there for a while)... Nico did it for years and years. 10 world champ titles, multiple world cup titles, and the most wins ever

one good season does not compare to the career of dominanace that Nico seved up to everyone... but Hill looks like the guy most likely to go that route, and he is young enough to go the distance still.
well said :clapping:

L

luelling

One nasty crash can take the wind out of a riders sails. The amazing thing about Nico was how he performed time and again and kept from getting injured or getting too many mechanicals.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
One nasty crash can take the wind out of a riders sails. The amazing thing about Nico was how he performed time and again and kept from getting injured or getting too many mechanicals.

not counting the 2 seasons he had to sit out the majority of the world cup season due to injury. . . of course it didn't keep him from winning the world champs those years, which on at least one occasion was his first race back.

L

luelling

not counting the 2 seasons he had to sit out the majority of the world cup season due to injury. . . of course it didn't keep him from winning the world champs those years, which on at least one occasion was his first race back.
I recall one year he had to, broken wrist I believe. Like you said though, he still came back and won worlds

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
Nico's record speaks for itself but I would say that maybe now the competition is a lot stronger. (not to take away from the riders of the 90's). I would have to say Sam's competition is a lot stronger. On any given day 20 or so rider's could throw together a great run to come out on top in a World Cup. Anyway, just something to think about, the difference in competition that is from Nico's years to the present.

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
The fanboys are out in force tonight. :banana:

I love Sam Hill

I love Sam Hill more than you.

No I love Sam Hill more than you.

I want Sam Hill's babies.

Sam Hill can cure cancer.

Sam Hill is the second coming.

I saw him first.

No I saw him first.

:blah:

The guy's a damn good bike rider, almost undoubtedly "the best" right now but to compare him to those gone by when they have barely ridden against each other is ludicrous. It's also ludicrous to say there are 20 guys that could win a World Cup, when was the last time anyone new won on a level playing field? It's about 1 a year at most.

You guys are sooo wierd. :rolleyes: