Quantcast

San Diego Monkeys: Mid-Higher end bars downtown

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I am taking a few clients out to a drinks in SD tomorrow afternoon/evening. I am looking for a good mid-higher end bar in downtown, but am unfamiliar with the area. Ivy was suggested to me, but it will be a mixed group ranging from mid-20's to late 40's. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
At the bar from 7am to 9pm? :weee:

:D
I wish. I'll be at a conference and having client meetings.

This is my day tomorrow:
4:00-5:30am: Work at the office
5:30-6:20am: Drive to airport and catch the first flight to SD
6:20-7:45am: Flight (read research)
7:45-8:15am: Taxi to conference, register, get quick bite to eat
8:15am-3:00pm: attend conference and look for good investment ideas (grab a snack at 12:15pm)
3:30-5:00pm: drinks with clients
5:00-7:45pm: dinner with another group of clients
8:55pm: catch last flight home
8:55-10:20pm: Flight (sleep)
10:20-11:00pm: Drive home
11:00pm-4:30am: Sleep
5:15am: Go to work

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Joker's people can not be seen to be mingling with the common folk. Are you mad?!?!? :disgust1:
Before making my recommendation I calculated the odds and, even in the great state of California, there is likely to be just one joker. Sure there's a lot of pretentious empty sack financial wizards with big plans - just none who lift their pinkies quite so delicately. This bar will be fine - teh Joker can impress by leaving a stupid big tip on his AMX and everyone will have a great time! :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
All of us so cal monkeys should get completely sh1t faced and show up at the bar to hang with Joker and his "client" (Aren't they usually called "johns" in that line of work?) :p .

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
All of us so cal monkeys should get completely sh1t faced and show up at the bar to hang with Joker and his "client" (Aren't they usually called "johns" in that line of work?) :p .
You ever sold something? According to your logic you could also be described as a whore, if that's what.you're trying to get at.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
You ever sold something? According to your logic you could also be described as a whore, if that's what.you're trying to get at.
I was joking man. it was a joke. You know those things that are humorous. I know that I am not very good at being funny but you really thought I was making a dig at your job? :think: It was not a dig at your career. I actually like your line of work. It's the same line of work that my father in law retired from.

FWIW, I was calling you a gay prostitute. Maybe I should have included references to leather chaps and feather boas.

For a guy whose handle is "Joker" you sure miss a lot of jokes. :p

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was joking man. it was a joke. You know those things that are humorous. I know that I am not very good at being funny but you really thought I was making a dig at your job? :think: It was not a dig at your career. I actually like your line of work. It's the same line of work that my father in law retired from.

FWIW, I was calling you a gay prostitute. Maybe I should have included references to leather chaps and feather boas.

For a guy whose handle is "Joker" you sure miss a lot of jokes. :p
You should hang out in PWN more. It's agressive over there.

and I got it... I was just give of take 5 drinks in at that point...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
sounds like heaven
It's a blast. I haven't been in about 2 years, but my wife and I went with a small group last time and I think I spent a total of $60 including singles.

<edit> For those who aren't in the know, Oregon clubs are all nude.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
It's both. Yes there is a connection, and props to ya'll for supporting the southern version. (I'm doing my part in SF!!)

http://www.toronadosd.com/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html
LOL... I used to be a regular there from maybe 1997 - 2001 (the one on Haight) :thumb:

What was the blond dude's name? I forget...John maybe? He was (is) the man... we would bring in some belgain home-brew and he would hook us up with a belgain or two that was on tap. I was also a regular at the Belgain Beer Tastings.. Ah... the good 'ol days.:(

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Oh man, the Acropolis! Yeah you guys wouldn't like that place at all: Dozens of beers on tap, good quality but cheap steaks, and super friendly, hot nekkid womens. :thumb: