Quantcast

san juan - wanna ride?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
currently looking at a ride there 12/16, mid-morning. anyone interested.
You had to ask??????

They're calling for rain this weekend but you know how that goes....

If my SB plans fall thru, I'll be down.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Any of your monkeys ever ride in the OC/LA area?? Its getting lonely seeing that you all are reppin SD so hard.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
i'm in hollywood. i ride every saturday. i need to bust outta the LA area. you are welcome to join us up here some day.
I'm actually live in the West LA area but I always ride in OC. I have ridden "0" trails in the LA/Malibu/SGV/ETC area if you can believe it.

I need to save some gas and start riding around home...where do you guys usually ride at?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
time for a headcount. we gotta figure out the shuttle vehicle situation.

post if you are in and post if you have a shuttle vehicle with how many you can take.

as of now, i am in and my car can do two bikes and two peeps or four peeps and no bikes.. i think overtheedge is in and his car holds a fistfull of bikes (8-ish, i think) and 5 or 6 peeps.

bneal is interested and his car holds 2 bikes and 2 bodies.

anyone else?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I'll be down and I can do 2-3 maybe 4 bikes(suburban with a sports works rack). What time mid morning?

dezul43

Monkey
May 15, 2006
san diego
sorry man........got a little hooked on SB. i will be back east from dec 22-28 but definately want to ride when i get back.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
It looks like we have the following kids:

1 - mandown
2 - overtheedge
3 - matt
4 - bullit21
5 - edgy
6 - bneal
7 - brenth

if bullit21 and i carpool down with overtheedge, we will have the following vehicles:
1 - overtheedge's truck
2 - edgy's truck
3 - bneal's car

edgy can join us in overtheedge's truck for the shuttle up and bneal and brenth can shuttle up together. we leave edgy's rig at the bottom for the return trip. that would fit just fine.

bullit21 may drive down on his own giving us some extra shuttle room if someone else joins. i can also drive down to help out.

anyone else in? W4S was talking about it.

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
im not afraid of some rain or mud, lets ride. :bonk:

I might be able to fit a 3rd bike on my rack, and my car sits 4, so theres 2 seats open and a possible pansy weak girly bike, cant really fit 3 big bikes.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I'm game.

My roommate is going to climb it if anyone is interested.

-BB- hurt his back, but I've convinced him to be a shuttle B*tch. We can fit 7 or so bikes and 5 people.

He's willing to drop us off - but doesn't want to have to go back up for any vehicles left behind.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I'm game.

My roommate is going to climb it if anyone is interested.

-BB- hurt his back, but I've convinced him to be a shuttle B*tch. We can fit 7 or so bikes and 5 people.

He's willing to drop us off - but doesn't want to have to go back up for any vehicles left behind.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm currently committed to a hike at Aliso Woods on Saturday, but I'll see if I can reschedule it later in the day for a ride. I'll keep you guys posted.

Btw, I would likely keep Slugman's roommate company on the climb up.

How long, time-wise, are we looking at for the ride? I ask because I might only have time to make it to cocktail rock.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Roommate says about 2 hours up... but I'm not sure if he meant to the top or just to cocktail rock.

I've got another one coming for the shuttle group.

So 5 riders with me, 3 climbing, 2 shuttling...

EDIT - added one more climber.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
CRAP ON THIS!!! - i'm out too.

the forecast has rain in SJ on saturday now. i'm not down for the long drive to get wet. i'll stay in LA and get wet. the return drive will also suck balls. i also don't wanna head back down again in January too.

NEW DATE SUGGESTION - 1/20/07. Dezul & Zark, how are y'all for this date? i know it is far in advance, but y'all shouldn't have a damn thing planned for that date.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I just got back in town, what time are you guys meeting? SJ is best when a little wet and I want to dig on Sunday if it does rain all day Sat. Don't be bunch of :nerd:

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
well, if you look at the weather report now, it looks like rain won't hit till later in the day. Seems like it is changing hourly

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
im still down even if its a little wet, if its straight up downpour, probably not, but i dont mind a little moisture, if anyone is still down for this ride, speak up.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I'm still in if it's not a downpour. SJT in a light rain or slightly wet rocks! 9:30AM is good eh?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
bunch of goddamned shuttlers ruining the trails for everybody else with you 3.o gazzi's and 15 inches of travel. If you're not riding up it then you're ruining the trail and I will glare at you as I ride uphill. fukcers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'll make my final say around 2pm. i don't mind a bit of rain. however, i'm not riding in a downpour. it is also too long a drive home to do soaking wet (since i am just getting over a cold) and the traffic will suck for the non-locals.