Quantcast

Sandhill Clinic/Fundraiser

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
I am setting up a Fundraiser/Clinic day at Sandhill for Saturday the 19th. Im trying to raise enough money to go to New Zealand and race World Championship 4x. As of right now I have the place set aside for the day and am working on getting some swagg and other things to raffle off.

As of right now I dont have a set price but any and all donations would be awesome as the trip alone is going to cost about 25-3500 dollars and USA cycling doesn't offer any help to its ELITE athletes.

If anyone is interested, either in riding or helping out, let me know as soon as possible. easiest way to reach me is by phone as I am in Utah with limited Internet. Also, if anyone wants to repost this on any other message boards that would be awesome.

925-890-4146 Anytime.

Thanks everyone.
Mikey

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Mike, you can currently get tickets from LAX to Aukland on qantas for around $775USD.

Hotels are decent if you can find someone to stay with, ours sleeps 4 and is costing $700NZ for 10 days. That comes out to about $100USD per person for the entire 10 days.

You can do this trip on the cheap and not have to sacrifice much in the way of comfort. good luck.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Oh I forgot to add, don't btoher with a fancy 4 or 5 star place...apparently they are all the same and the ones with fancy photos had them taken in 1970 or so. Everything is a little run down, and a little beat - should be a fun time anyways.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
900 plus is still alot after traveling the whole North american circuit and not being on a salary...once again any and all help is appreciated.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The Mad Haderer said:
900 plus is still alot after traveling the whole North american circuit and not being on a salary...once again any and all help is appreciated.
Door to door in your town asking local businesses to help you. They love that sort of hometown publicity. Talk to you local paper, get them to run a story, everyone wins. You can raise $1000 in one weekend without too much hassle normally.

Anyways, good luck.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
For the past two years we've had one of our Juniors qualify for worlds (unfortunatly last year he broke his neck and elbow so he wasn't able to go). In any case our team and shop sponsor threw a movie night and silent auction. We raised around $2500. Maybe give that a try. Talk to any shops that your affiliated with and get them to hit up their reps for some shwag. Best of luck and congrats.

Matt

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Mikey-

Yer Kewl. Brentwood is too far from Bernal Heights, but count me in for $40, as long as it is an one-way ticket.

Jul 1, 2005
oakland, CA
oooh man, just imported most o' the whistler footy --
got some siiiiick mikeywhips from that day on dirtmerchant!!
still on the last tape n a half, i'll get to the crash today....

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Im thinking of working on some basic techniques at the beggining, then working on peoples individual questions.
Hopefully that should be able to help out everyone in attendance.
as for price...I was thinking like 25 and i'll throw in a raffle ticket for some of the swagg Ive got coming in. Of course any and all donations would be greatly appreciated.

BBQ sounds like its on as well.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
TheMontashu said:
Not to sound like a dick, but you could try working
not to be a dick, but ive been on the road for 6 weeks..and wont be in town for more than 4 days before i have to leave... and most of us dont get a race salary.

and i do try working.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The raffle and movie night are your best bet. Try to get your sponsors to throw down some swag and get planning. Also, try an online raffle as well, ie split your product and raffle some online for like $10 a ticket and in person for the same. That way the people who come get to see attendees leaving with product. It's a feel good thing for the next time you raffle.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
The Mad Haderer said:
not to be a dick, but ive been on the road for 6 weeks..and wont be in town for more than 4 days before i have to leave... and most of us dont get a race salary.

and i do try working.
fair enough

Jul 1, 2005
oakland, CA
hey mikey,
i know erin from blake's on telegraph (where i had the premiere)
wants to start a mtn bike movie night over there. you might be able to hold it there for freezee (shes down for the cause).......lemme know n i can give her a call.

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
Mikey! Just got your VM. Just got back into town yesterday afternoon. Call me back. I can donate some swag to you and also give you some stuff to sell. Hit me back. Peace.

Yo Mikey,
I'm posting something to our Team Wrong Way email list - we've got a lot of bay area friends and lurkers on our list beyond just our team, so it may help to spread the news. If someone comes out, it could be anybody from an occasional-XC-racer-type looking to gain some basic jumping skillz. It might help you to plan on dividing folks up into different ability levels, and to try to spend time with each of the groups (sorry - not to tell you how to do this, just a suggestion in case you get a wide variety of ablity out there).

Good luck in NZ! The North Island has some really cool xc riding and amazing geothermal parks in the Roturua area (2-3 hours drive from Aukland? It's been a while, I don't remember how long the drive is).

-Scott

halfro

Chimp
Mar 4, 2004
SF Bay Area
Mikey,Dude... It's been awhile, but I'm back in the States. I can donate some money if you'd like. I have a job and Shiz so I don't mind supporting a friend. PM your address and I'll cut you a check.

HeyLady

Monkey
Apr 13, 2006
Concord, CA
A little more specific info about the clinic/fundraiser Mikey's holding this Saturday at Sand Hill:

Clinic starts at 9 am. The cost per person is $25, which includes park entry and a raffle ticket (additional tickets will be for sale). There will be a BBQ lunch available for purchase.

I'll be there taking pics, and I'm going to try and have my computer there so you can purchase photos from this event and other races.

Any questions, call Mikey at 925-890-4146.

Thanks for coming out and supporting our US Worlds team member!

Kris