Quantcast

Sandhill needs your help!

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Just posted it on mtbr, ridesfo and pinkbike... Trying to see how many volunteers we can get to go help out with some maintainence...

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Oh man, I wish I wasn't so far away. I could maybe make it out there once a month, but I would be down to help out with whatever is needed when I do.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Zack, what you going to do? Volunteer?
if we can get some group efforts, i'll definitely help out with getting some maintenance done on the track. at this point, the news just needs to spread so it can get some more attention.

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
if we can get some group efforts, i'll definitely help out with getting some maintenance done on the track. at this point, the news just needs to spread so it can get some more attention.

I've found a few people who are interested in helping out with maintainence. I've also sparked the interest of a few BTCEB members who are willing to bring out their trail crew and bring out tools for us to use... Going to be writing to Sandhill soon about whether it would be ok for us to bring volunteers in to work on the courses and what dates are available...

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
I've found a few people who are interested in helping out with maintainence. I've also sparked the interest of a few BTCEB members who are willing to bring out their trail crew and bring out tools for us to use... Going to be writing to Sandhill soon about whether it would be ok for us to bring volunteers in to work on the courses and what dates are available...
thanks for taking initiative. i know a bunch of guys that would be interested in helping as well, so be sure to keep us posted regarding dates and such. if you need a hand with writing to sandhill or anything, shoot me a pm and i'd be more than happy to help.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OK. Follow thru is the key here, Zack.

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Zhendo - I actually called Sandhill up today about whether it would be ok for us to organize something like this and what dates would work for them... I got the machine but left a message. Will see if they call me back... If not, i'll probably get Dan or someone who're friends with Renee and Phil to make a call... Will definitely keep you updated though...

Sanjuro - Yea... I'm not the most reliable person... But i do see things through most of the time... XD

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I would contact either the BTCEB or the Sierra Buttes Trails Stewardship on how to run a non-profit trail organization. I think it is important to continuing growing outside the volunteers you will gather initially to sustain the work you will do.

May 13, 2008
The Bay.
I can help.
I am not working currently and have some experiance with this type of stuff.

One avenue to look at is rallying signage sponsors to help fund the place.
This place has a lot of potential!!!
If its built right people will drive and pay.

Please some one contact me I have experiance with this.

Why not do a BMX track on site as well.
Easy insurance coverage as well as dollar intake weekly.......

Lots of ways to get this place the best spot in NORCAL!

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Forgot to give you guys an update.

I got a call from Renee from Sandhill... Looks like they're looking at keeping it open for spring series and there should be maintainence days during fall to get it ready for spring when there's more rain and it's not 110 outside... BTCEB have been talking with the guys over at Sandhill and looks like they will be organising most of these maintainence days... Will post again when i know more about dates and such... XD

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
I have wanted to make it out there for some time now and i heard it was closed and was pissed. Ill be glad to lend a hand when the time comes, just send me a PM when you are ready and ill drum up some volunteers.
JP