Quantcast

Santa Cruz Bullit Sizing

wspanish

Chimp
Jul 9, 2006
I am looking at picking up a 2003 Bullit...its a size medium, I am bit worried it might be too tall. I am 5' 10", but coming from a BMX/DJ background I am used to shorter bikes. I test rode my friends Nomad, which is a medium, and it seemed a little tall. The Bullit is taller than the Nomad, thats why I am a bit worried.

So, if you own a Medium Bullit, could you tell me how tall you are. Maybe its a all psychological and I need to get used to a bit taller bike.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
I dont know if it helps or not... I just ordered a medium bullit and I am 5'11" Accodring to santa cruz 5'10" for the new bullit is between med and large. I don't know about the old one.

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Maybe its a all psychological and I need to get used to a bit taller bike.
I think that's most of it. It's a diff style of bike than what you're used too.

I'm 5'11" and I feel a little cramped on my recent Lg Bullit, as I have come from XC bikes where I'm stretched out a bit more. I was tempted to put a long XC stem on this and make it like what I'm used to. Instead I'll leave the stem at 50-70mm and get used to the bike as it "should" be.

This bike won't excel at the DJ & BMX track, but when you're on the rough trail that higher BB is a good thing. It is a diff feel tho for sure.
GL

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
Agree with everyone. I am 5'10" and used to have a medium. It felt perfect. The small is going to feel really small.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I would go with a large if I were you. Bullit's are TINY I had a medium, as I do with every other bike Ive owned and the bullit was just too small. Way cramped in the cockpit.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I would go with a large if I were you. Bullit's are TINY I had a medium, as I do with every other bike Ive owned and the bullit was just too small. Way cramped in the cockpit.
There are only 3 sizes of the new bullit. The large is going to be big for someone 5' 10" who wants a smallish bike. He's deciding between the med and the SMALL, which truly is tiny. The medium gets my vote.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I picked a medium up over the weekend and I am 6'3", fits like a glove, 70mm stem and a 66 marz. I am using it for FR only and keeping my F1 for DHFR. Its smaller than I wanted but for the price I couldnt pass, I actually like it. I have had 3 larges in the past and there isnt a huge difference between them except i can rip a 180 bunnyhop on it. If ia needed a DH rig I would have gone large but for you at 5'10" go Medium.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'm 5'5 and ride a medium. It's perfect, although I feel the shortness of the TT and could ride something longer. The small is so tiny.

I can 180 it on flat ground.. so it's not nearly big for me. You should get a medium.