Quantcast

Santa Cruz V10: Demo 7 Edition

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Nathan Rennie’s 2008 Worlds Bike...with some super "tattoo" inspired paint.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
The point is to stand out in photos.
You will sure know who's bike that is in a picture.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
To be honest I like it as well, but the psychologist in me didn't want to say so originally and create a bias of some sort.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I find it funny that he and Peaty are still posing (still pics) with Kendas and racing with blacked out maxxis.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
ditch that little bit of gold, or make it all gold. its either one or the other in my opinion. just that little bit of gold on the top tube makes it look terrible, but i do like the tattoo's on it, and the green is deffinatly pimp. just one mans opinion though. ohh and the neon green outfit.... no.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
thats because they ride for kenda but use maxxis because they are better tires for them. alot of pros do that
I understand 'why' they do it....I just find it kind of odd that kenda brought on (and pay) two big name pro DH'ers to promote their new line of tires... yet Renne and Peat wont touch them.
They have been riding for kenda for a full two seasons, yet kenda still cannot make a tire that they are willing to ride in a race. That is pathetic. When the bikes show up at trade shows and at races all over the world with 'another' companies tire, for all the world to see...I have a hard time seeing how Kenda gets their advertising due from this arangement...kinda sad really.

As for a 'lot' of pros doing this....maybe in the past, but the vast majority of pros (if they have a tire contract) ride either maxxis or mich and stick to their respective companies from what I can see.
Of course there lots of guys out there who most likely will take anything free that they can get (if not tied to one co. due to contract) and will most likely swap to whatever they feel is best due to track conditions.

My point is that it is SOOOO obvious that Nathan and Peat do not ride a product that they are getting paid to....I find it funny that kenda is 'OK' with this, and try to keep up the charade.

DhDork

Monkey
Mar 30, 2007
Hell, AZ
Thats not all true. Although I have seen pictures of Rennnie running the Minions, I also have seen many pics of them still running the Nevegals.

A certain, local to me, top female World's racer that won't be named for her sake, actually was running a Maxxis on her bike in the off season, even though sponsored by Kenda, and she told me the Maxxis had much, much better grip.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
'cause your average joey has no idea that they race on something else . . . it's a small minority that follows the race circuit close enough to know who is running what and where.