Quantcast

Santa Theresa Park ????

Jun 9, 2004
Chico
I was wondering if anyone has riden there, it is in San Jose. I am racing there next weekend and am debating over wether or not i should replace my worn velociraptors. If the ground is hard-packed trails i will keep them for the low rolling resistence, but if it is looe or rocky, i have some new tires i could pop on for the race. Thanks for any help.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
STUMPERJUMPER said:
could you elaborate, is this because of thorns? I am just curious as to what to expect. :nuts:

I would'nt use velociraptors up there. IMO those are deep mud tires, and Rocky Ridge is hardpack/rocks. I was up there on Sunday when we had some decent showers and it was muddy, but no where near that muddy. I'm thinkin dhtahoe said you will flat them because it's so rocky there and velociraptors don't really have that thick of sidewalls. If you ride light (and slow :confused: ), you might be able to get away with normal xc type of tires, just not those, maybe mutano or moto's. Some highrollers with the fr casing would work well.

offdawalley

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
hella over the rainbow
over rocky stuff, do you just want tough sidewall? I think I'm going to run knobby dirt tires, Huchaston Octupus Team, anyone know if thats a good choice for rocky stuff, they are a little on the heavy side

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
There isn't any difficult cornering. Last year, I ran IRC Mythos XC tires with 65lbs of pressure, and won my class. There are a bunch of rocks that scream "pinch flat," so I say ride whatever tires you want with a pretty high pressure. The course is super pedally, too.

BRacing

Monkey
Feb 3, 2003
NorCal
Not me!!!!

Group ride up Oat Hill Mine Road. We've got half-dozen ppl going so far.

Maybe ride the Boggs Mtn course afterwards.

-B

Jun 9, 2004
Chico
Well i took off my velociraptor and put on the original Roll-X that came with the bike. Needless to say that it got really packed up with mud towards the end(it started raining partway through) but so were everyone elses tires so it really did not affect my race at all, I think i got 15th in mens B's. Not too bad for my second race, first time i won C's up here at Chico.

madbiker-

is the downhill still on for tomorrow? they said they cancelled all races for the rest of the weekend at about 11:00am today. EDIT:saw other thread.