Quantcast

Santiago Oaks Sunday

theOtherMrT

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
socal
from the 909 valley of the dirt people, take the 57 south to the 91 east, exit at weir canyon, turn right onto weir canyon, right on serrano, to the shuttle drop off at the top, left on hidden canyon, right on avenida de santiago

Oh yea, count me in too, if my wrist is ok by then that is...
time? location?

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Is that in Anaheim Hills? Is a 6" Gemini okay for the trail or do you need a full-on DH bike? I would be interrested in riding some new trails.

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
Homey said:
Is that in Anaheim Hills? Is a 6" Gemini okay for the trail or do you need a full-on DH bike? I would be interrested in riding some new trails.
I'm on a 00' Bullit with 6" at best. you should be fine. I don't think any of us going have ridden there beofre. maybe Chris.

DHZ-Nick will be coming too, anaheim hills right next to my gf house :D I guess we'll bring as many trucks as we can and shuttle it. you need to come ride oakley sometime. Nick and I did some work on it today and added a couple new little bridges gapping a big trench.
PS...you need to change your sig now.

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
theOtherMrT said:
from the 909 valley of the dirt people, take the 57 south to the 91 east, exit at weir canyon, turn right onto weir canyon, right on serrano, to the shuttle drop off at the top, left on hidden canyon, right on avenida de santiago

time? location?
cool the more the merrier. it will be sunday..not sure on time..probably 10am. any idea how to get there from the south? I figure we should all meet at the bottom for ease of shuttling.

theOtherMrT

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
socal
from the south, 5 up to the 55, 91 east. rest is the same

if we are meeting at the bottom, we'd better meet on the corner of mabury and orange park near the bottom of serrano rd. (that's the pickup spot, a little trail follows Santiago creek that ends on the street)

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
theOtherMrT said:

time? location?
After you make the right on serrano, how far is hidden canyon?

theOtherMrT

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
socal
~1.5 miles
Canyon rim rd. is the last intersection with lights, so after Canyon rim, start looking to the left for hidden canyon, beware it is as it states - hidden.
Are we still on for 10 AM? If it rains, we'll ride until it rains.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
I don't understand why anyone would want to shuttle the Oaks.
Hey, I love that place and ride it more then any other spot it seems.
But even with a shuttle you still have to push up the last bitch at best.
Seems to me if you are going to the hassle of getting a shuttle deal going you would have more fun at TL or a few of the others we don't talk about on the net.

But hey, to each their own. Just watch out for the up hill climbers and hikers on that mutli use trail. Have fun!
Homey, any bike will be fine. There are guys out there on ridged single speeds that rip.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
theOtherMrT said:
~1.5 miles
Canyon rim rd. is the last intersection with lights, so after Canyon rim, start looking to the left for hidden canyon, beware it is as it states - hidden.
Are we still on for 10 AM? If it rains, we'll ride until it rains.

Hell I'll prolly still ride even then... I think I'll call AJ if I get lost...

theOtherMrT

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
socal
Just pm me or post in the morning if you are going to be riding, so I won't have to wait out in the cold for nothing. I'll be on a black Ridge, scrawny asian dude, can't miss me.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
I'll be there for sure don't worry lol. I just need to make sure I can get the right spot. Red tacoma, silver bighit. Can't miss it.

theOtherMrT

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
socal
Ok, I'll be waiting around 10ish in the cul-de-sac at the end of Avenida de Santiago(probably trying to figure out the opening of the fence).

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
I thought we were meeting at the bottom?!?...lol..oh well..I've got a big red Jeep and a Blue bullit..David..call me I lost your number and don't trust that I know where I'm going, I've never riden there.

R

Rabie

If it rain AT ALL, you guys should really consider riding somewhere else. These trails do not deal well with water. Not only will your ruts tear up the trails and not be looked kindly upon by other (more wealthy and vocal) trail users, but with the slightest bit of standing water, the dirt turns to clay and peanut butter that will eat your bike and make riding pretty impossible.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Rabie said:
If it rain AT ALL, you guys should really consider riding somewhere else. These trails do not deal well with water.
What he said.

It's awesome that you guys are stoked on riding, I wish more people could understand how fun it is to ride bikes. However, why are you guys so adamant about posting shuttle directions to multi-use trails on public forums, and then being so vocal about it. Why don't you guys use PM or phones. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but your conversations on-line travel a lot further than you would know.

I'd be happy to show you guys a really fun, long shuttle right in your backyard if you'll be a little more discretionary about your posts.

BTW, I grew up in Maybury, started riding the oaks in '89. I feel very strongly about preserving this area. A few years ago the rangers were discussing the closure of this area to bikers. Several people have been actively involved with the rangers to keep this from happening, but we riders don't need to give the rangers any more ammunition. know what i mean?

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
What both of them said.
It's a really fun place but it is right next to Irvine Park. Lots of hikers and just people out with their kids on THAT trail on weekends. Ride it during the week and you hardly see anyone.

And yes, with yesterdays rains, it's going to be pretty snotty out there.

R

Rabie

Update: It is raining at the Oaks.

Hey Brian, did you get your cast off? How is it? Ready for a Bootleg trip at the end of the month?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Rabie said:
Update: It is raining at the Oaks.

Hey Brian, did you get your cast off? How is it? Ready for a Bootleg trip at the end of the month?
Yep, got the cast off last week. Dr. said it's just starting to heal, showed me the x-ray and the bones are still displaced but healing fine. anyhow, he said 4 more weeks until light riding. Don't think bootleg constitutes light riding. At this point, riding SJT will be pretty cool. Who're you going with?

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
theOtherMrT said:
I don't think you get it, buddy. We shuttle to the TOP because that's the right way to do it.

Spookydave......guess he just doesn't get it. Nothing like ushing your 50lb beast up the 3 Bitches. Hell, there is a lot of satisfaction cleaning all 3 bithces on a 41 lb Bullit.

Not to mention the guy riding the V10, Super Monster, Doublewides and Gazzi 3.0's cleaning all 3 Bitches.

Be a man and pedal up. You wanna shuttle....go to Aliso.. :thumb: :thumb: :mumble:

The Oaks are no fun when it is wet and rainy.

mtnbikej

R

Rabie

W4S said:
Yep, got the cast off last week. Dr. said it's just starting to heal, showed me the x-ray and the bones are still displaced but healing fine. anyhow, he said 4 more weeks until light riding. Don't think bootleg constitutes light riding. At this point, riding SJT will be pretty cool. Who're you going with?
Just starting to heal? Must be tough being old.

And there are no set plans for the Bootleg trip, but I'll be off work for like a week after Christmas, so I'll probably throw it out there at some point.

theOtherMrT

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
socal
Well just to please you guys, or fortune have it, nothing happened. I'll be fixin up that table top out there and continuing my work on NS stunts in my backyard.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
theOtherMrT said:
Well just to please you guys, or fortune have it, nothing happened. I'll be fixin up that table top out there and continuing my work on NS stunts in my backyard.
Pleasing us by using common sense? Hope that was sarcasm, because everybody's trying to be helpful so that you don't make any mistakes that could have consequences. Remember, we've been riding these trails since before you were born. :eviltongu :rolleyes:

what kind of stunts are you building? got pictures?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Rabie said:
Just starting to heal? Must be tough being old.

Dude, that hurts. You must really like pedalling uphill. :thumb:

FYI, the doc says it usually takes bones 5 weeks to start healing. Weren't you out 8 weeks for yours, b1tch?

theOtherMrT

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
socal
I got some ladder drops going (1 done, 1 more coming along). I have plans to infest the 2 acres in the back with a spiderweb of skinnies, teeters and whatnot.
Next week, if the weather allows, same plan?

theOtherMrT

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
socal
Thanks, maybe another time, I ran out of scrap lumber/tree trunks. I need to go grab some more from my buddy, but he's way the hell out in the 909 running some charity race.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
theOtherMrT said:
Uhh, now I don't think you get it, buddy. :)
All we are asking is to not give out all the info on the shuttles on the net. Maybe plan a ride on the net with a "PM me for the details". That's all we're asking man. I know the ranger out there pretty well because we're both into high performance boating. I know how he fells about building and the DH shuttles in general. So keeping things on the down low will help everyone.
We almost got banned a few years ago. Don't give the horse folks ammo that they can print out is all we're asking. No one here is trying to be a d i c k about it so please don't take it that way.

And yeah, lets see some pics of your stunts. Sounds pretty cool.

theOtherMrT

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
socal
The table top/stunts up top are not part of the park. Pics are coming. Sorry, 'bout the info leeking out, it was all part of my evil plan to be a menace to society.