Quantcast

}}} Sat herd dray {{{

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Another 6-12 inches predicted.
the wife must be excited about that prospect eh

/me is working today. 7-5. Supposed to be from the hospital but I'm home because I'm taking the initiative to ignore dictates from leadership that are stupid.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the wife must be excited about that prospect eh

/me is working today. 7-5. Supposed to be from the hospital but I'm home because I'm taking the initiative to ignore dictates from leadership that are stupid.
I heard a rumor yesterday that our upper upper upper management (above my functional group) is monitoring badge swipes into the building to see who is actually going in.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I heard a rumor yesterday that our upper upper upper management (above my functional group) is monitoring badge swipes into the building to see who is actually going in.
I'm not worried about my job security. They can monitor and admonish away if it comes to that, but not commuting in and hanging out with my kids between cases makes my life better so I'm just doing it.

(There's a very rare chance that I'd need to come in for a fluoroscopic case, like an esophagram. That happens about once every 3 months, takes about 2 hours to set up effectively with patient transport to the fluoro room and getting the x-ray tech available, technically I could supervise it remotely with the resident who's in the hospital donning the lead and pushing the button, and plus I live < 15 minutes away with weekend non-traffic. I'll roll those dice.)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
aboot 6-7" super high water snow so far, more on the way. Ugh, so much for a ride this weekend.
having coffee, thinking about walking to town for huevos rancheros.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
8" on the ///deck. Lots of branches in the neighborhood down at this point. A few half attached large branches as well, so not sure how to cut those guys down. Once it stops snowing going to have a lot of work helping out.

K1 with Haley this am and grocery shopping later.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Going to take some laps at a local trail with the wife this morning. First time either of us have ridden in a couple months. BRB

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Barely got any sleep. Took my Dad to the Dr. yesterday for his annual physical. And my mom is having some very concerning health issues and is being stubborn about making a dr’s appointment. Ugh.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Ballantyne. If you’re bored an want to point and laugh at my ridding skills come on out!
nice-haven't been there since they redid the wallride line. place is like 10 minutes from me. we should meet there or purser sometime! then you can laugh at my fitness!
2nd Dan, impressive. Good luck to him.
he should be good to go. been doing it for 6 years. he's pretty dedicated.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
nice-haven't been there since they redid the wallride line. place is like 10 minutes from me. we should meet there or purser sometime!
Absolutely! Your number still the same? I was thinking about hitting Ballantine again next weekend actually.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It is neighborhood yard sale day. My street is literally a traffic jam of boomers. I doubt I would be able to get my car out of the driveway if I needed to right now. This shit better clear up in a few hours when I roll out to ride.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
We accidentally a couch today, it arrives in three months. Teh Spousal Unit™ and I are very excited. Now time to go fit the drooper pole @6thElement sent me to the fatbike and see if I can't get a ride in.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Karting done. Haley .007s off her PR in adult karts, on a full track with traffic. Said it's way easier now since she's driven the race kart. *Shocker* When you driven a more challenging vehicle, the former hard one gets easier.

I got blasted by a 12/13 y/o who missed the whole "you already crashed into that person when they passed you, don't hit them again in the next corner too". Side hurts like hell and neck is a tad sore, but I'm pretty sure my collar did it's job :thumb: .

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
We accidentally a couch today, it arrives in three months. Teh Spousal Unit™ and I are very excited. Now time to go fit the drooper pole @6thElement sent me to the fatbike and see if I can't get a ride in.
Despite wacky cable routing, the drooper was installated. Time to go see if the trails are still snowy or if they've already turned into slush. Picking some mellow and flat(ish) north facing ones with fingers crossed so I can get a pedal in. Also temps have dropped and it's started to flurry again, so it'll probably be an ice rink out there.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got out for a ride, which was awesome. Even if we did get caught in big ass thunderstorm. Had to hunker down and drink beer for a bit while it got spookily dark.

Same storm has knocked out power at 4/5 buildings I work at.

And apparently there was a tornado or at least some microbursts which has destroyed a local brewery. :(

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Gravel Grinder race. Think I got somewhere around 10th. On my fat bike. 72 degrees, brilliant sunshine. Only saw 4 bears.

People were signing me like roadie signals or some shit on today's gravel race. I dunno, seems like gang-signs to me. Some sort of communication method for peloton riding or something. I just tried to stay in the draft as much as I could and cut the corners.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Absolutely! Your number still the same? I was thinking about hitting Ballantine again next weekend actually.
number's same; will be up at snowshoe next weekend though! :headbang:
That's a decent amount of time I'd say, especially for someone his age. I did it for 2.5 - 3 years and was still two years away from First Dan (including the mandatory one year wait period before testing for black in Tang Su Do).
yeah, covid put him back a year or so but he's stuck with it. passed with flying colors. #thatmomentwhenyourealizeyourkidcouldwhoopya
Big storm rolled through town. Lots of downed trees, lots of powerlines down too. This looks like quite the predicament:
View attachment 176712
in soviet canuckistan, charging station comes to you!