Quantcast

Saturday cruise through the CT woods

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yesterday we hit up Cockaponset State Forest. MBC and I had not ridden there in nearly two years, so it was nice to ride those familiar trails again. We rode with her cousins from Vermont. We always have fun when we ride with them. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
An "action" shot of me. :rolleyes: All the times I've ridden here and I have never made it through this rock garden succesfully. :mad:

MBC splashing through a stream.

Non-monkey Keith...

...followed by MBC

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rachel on a ladder bridge.

Then me.

Last pic. Rachel cruising through a stream.

In total, about 9.5 miles and 3 hours. And the dark sky never turned into rain. :thumb: With each ride, I can feel my MTB legs getting into mid-season shape. I think today will be a 40 mile road ride.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Your east coast trails look fun. The rock garden shot you're walking through looks tough...and I know that photos often look easier than they really are.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
pixelninja said:
Your east coast trails look fun. The rock garden shot you're walking through looks tough...and I know that photos often look easier than they really are.
Yeah, it's tough. I'm pretty confident I could ride across the part I'm walking on, but the problem is that I can't get through the approach.

I Are Baboon said:
I think today will be a 40 mile road ride.
Done. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Nice. where is the ladder bridge over that stream?

I miss riding my bike.
It's hard to explain, but it's probably about 1.5 miles in. You come to a point where you have to decide: Go right and head to a pond/picnic area followed by jeep road climbing, or go left on singletrack along a stream and come to this bridge. Depending on trail conditions, we may have gone right when you've ridden there. Going left can be very muddy and messy if the weather's been bad.