Quantcast

** Saturday DeathStorm GMT ***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
LOL some snow storm that was. It was actually coming down really hard last night, got about 4 inches in the span of an hour. And then it rained......again. :rofl: :rofl:

Kinda glad though. Driveway is pretty bare. I was dreading having to shovel almost a foot of wet slushy snow.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So far we are still dry, but 21 freedoms feels like 11 and I believe it. Hope my shed heater holds out today, damn.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Negative ten freedums.

I messed up and had left the heating off downstairs as I was going to ride indoors yesterday afternoon, but then didn't. Thankfully only 56 down there versus the normal 60.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Temps are 3° plus 65mph winds at the local ski hill, and the highway’s closed with no estimate to reopen so it’s shut down for the day. Currently discussing alternate ski plans. Might just say fuck it to anything resembling exercise and go over to a buddy’s place for pinball, hot tub, and day drinking.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
On this exciting morning, I slept late then rolled my fat ass to the grocery store for the weekly reload. I'll hop on the KICKR in a bit on this rainy day. The 10" of snow we got a week ago has been completely washed away.

I scored a brisket at grocery stop #2. On sale plus $10 off because it's dated Monday. That will now be tomorrow's project.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
raining here so home gym and study for my EMT Recert class that starts on Monday.

In other news: Since I started taking Levothyroxine to replace my non functional Thyroid gland I have dropped 25 pounds in 6 weeks and I actually feel so much better energy wise

now for some espresso

gonefirefightin

free wieners
We’ve got no food, no job, our pets heads are falling off!

uhual is loaded, garage paint and a few more electrical items on the check list. Just a dusting on the ground is causing these unseasoned city folk to resort to “forceful” bumper car style commuting.

in other news,

If any of you are homeowners or decent in the trades I would suggest you own the advanced wire tracing kit from Klein tools. Wee bit of a learning curve but will trace live and dead wires of any type over any length, I upgraded from my old breaker finder and been pleasantly surprised.

Klein Tools ET450 Advanced Circuit Breaker Finder and Wire Tracer Kit for Energized and Non-Energized Breakers, Fuses, and Wires https://a.co/d/bmaH8Ay

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I fought the snow and the snow won.

First tracking in 12+ inches of snow wasn't fast nor easy, barely fun.

Time to crank up the Arien! :twitch:

1000006383.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We’ve got no food, no job, our pets heads are falling off!

uhual is loaded, garage paint and a few more electrical items on the check list. Just a dusting on the ground is causing these unseasoned city folk to resort to “forceful” bumper car style commuting.

in other news,

If any of you are homeowners or decent in the trades I would suggest you own the advanced wire tracing kit from Klein tools. Wee bit of a learning curve but will trace live and dead wires of any type over any length, I upgraded from my old breaker finder and been pleasantly surprised.

Klein Tools ET450 Advanced Circuit Breaker Finder and Wire Tracer Kit for Energized and Non-Energized Breakers, Fuses, and Wires https://a.co/d/bmaH8Ay

I've been pretty happy with my circuit breaker locator.

1705170597165.png

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

View attachment 206302
Do you ever "lube" your XC skis?

I started using this stuff last year on my "waxless" skis, and it makes a difference in sticky powder...

1705172158058.png

This guy <= skied yesterday and it was 6 freedumbs when I got back to the car.

Trying to psych myself up to XC the river loop to see if the local scrawny cow/calf moose pair is still unfrozen.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
1000004278.png

Up to 2*. Did weekend errands with Hannah this am. Due to her almost guaranteed ADHD diagnosis, Dr gave us a do-don't do list for her and a diet change is a big part of it. She needs to effectively stop eating anything with any form of synthetic coloring because they have been shown to have amplification issues in ADHD. Apparently most of that shit is petroleum based, so yeah. Got to go find treats, snacks, and other grab-go bits with her this morning. Managed to make four stores, with exploration and researching products in less that 3hrs. Efficiency, baby. Places were empty though. Costco was mostly men and couples 55+, so it was a smoothly moving machine.

Now, it's bills and toolbox cleanup post-Phoenix trip and prepping for next trip. I got a drawer kit for my modular, which is normally almost impossible to get, so I will be doing a lot of reorg.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Do you ever "lube" your XC skis?

I started using this stuff last year on my "waxless" skis, and it makes a difference in sticky powder...

View attachment 206305

This guy <= skied yesterday and it was 6 freedumbs when I got back to the car.

Trying to psych myself up to XC the river loop to see if the local scrawny cow/calf moose pair is still unfrozen.
I use the same in spray. It wasn't sticking. The snow was just dense and deep, couldn't keep the skis floating. Tomorrow will be perfect!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
What kind of black magic do you possess to stop your glasses from fogging???

I went north and found some snow. Jumped on the struggle bus.

Ha! It was 10 minutes into the ride. Goggles went in the pocket right after. ;)

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Saturday was a very shit day, seems pretty solid dehydration was my issue.
Had 8hrs of sleep, woke up with a headache and was stupidly tired all day.
Decided to replace the strut bearings in the car but not the struts, naturally the 18yo strut sucked down so I had to extend the shaft and put a hose clamp around the bump rubber to stop it sucking back in.
IMG_20240114_082232.jpg

I got one done then decided that the second would be too much, so I move on to the windscreen sprayers, pull the hose out of the clips and the hose snaps in the middle, fuck it.
Give up and try to nap, hahaha!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just had a moment of epiphany for our next karting trip. I'm bringing the fucking coffee maker. I have access to a generator, it's small, I can make effectively unlimited coffee, and it's multitudes cheaper than take-out coffee.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
LOL some snow storm that was. It was actually coming down really hard last night, got about 4 inches in the span of an hour. And then it rained......again. :rofl: :rofl:

Kinda glad though. Driveway is pretty bare. I was dreading having to shovel almost a foot of wet slushy snow.
snow storm did not miss us. Snow was deep, dense and wet. I tried getting out of the driveway to get the kids to ski practice this morning, but once I pulled out of my car port couldn't get moving. took three people to push me back into my parking spot.

View attachment 206302
looks like someone else was doing the tracking... :P
I use the same in spray. It wasn't sticking. The snow was just dense and deep, couldn't keep the skis floating. Tomorrow will be perfect!
Since my kids didn't go to practice, some of my buddies came to get me. I did a bit of trail breaking too:
XOylDX0kyyja7-j8lIBOvx3ddDeaQNANIGFmu1q7ZzY-1536x2048.jpg

it was worth it through. it was pretty out there.