Quantcast

saturday gfmt

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It was just brought to my attn that I can get $7,500 from Ford and $12,500 in tax credits if I were to buy an F150 Lightning XLT. It's $60k > $40k. Gets me a needed* truck. It's electric. I can lease it for less than I'm spending on my car monthly now, so I don't get trapped into a gen 1 electric car (Ford's 1st Gen). Hmm...
I approve of this. 300 miles range is enough? also make sure you're not over the AGI limit for the Fed tax credit under the IRA.

/me skied a bit this morning. tried some Meier Wranglers. 94 mm underfoot. did not care for them, no.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got back. We ran into Nikkos, the kid who pulled her from K1 to track. He won the Mini (new class) and Jr1 (her class last year) for CO Kart Tour. Last year he was 4sec a lap faster at IMI. Today? Just under 1sec. To say he and his dad were surprised was an understatement. A random old dude whose son is there a lot walked up to us and just said "she's fast. She's really fast."

One of my colleagues, who has promised to come watch her drive was going to a buddy's house that lives right there dropped in as well. He was kind of dumbfounded at the speed they go. He thought he understood, but was a bit taken back. The "holy shit! This is fucking insane!" conversation came up. He says he now knows why Wifey is scared of it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sitting in the burger drive-thru - there is a Safeway across the street. Just watched a dude sprint out with two 30 bombs and the security guard only made it 40 ft before he was out of breath. Beer thief was sprinting like his life depended on it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sitting in the burger drive-thru - there is a Safeway across the street. Just watched a dude sprint out with two 30 bombs and the security guard only made it 40 ft before he was out of breath. Beer thief was sprinting like his life depended on it.

My grocery store now always has at least 3 armed guards running security.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Sometime when I can type better I will tell the story when me and a buddy tried to buy some beer at 12:01 in Syracuse. Sketchier part of town. We grabbed the two six packs, ran like hell, got into my four banger pickup, and proceeded to get on 690 in Syracuse. Two guards came after us with their car, we were going about 90 (or whatever my shitbox could do). Just before the exit to North Syracuse we saw cop cars arriving in the other direction. The guys chasing us tried to box us in, so we couldn’t exit. (They were doing 70 or whatever in the right lane) JUST as we were about to pass the exit, I basically slammed on the brakes, the dudes kept going past the exit, and I veered HARD to the right behind them, just making the exit. There was traffic, so they couldn’t follow.
We were in a really crappy part of town, but I had worked at a place where the engineering firm I worked for kept records. Somehow we pulled in between two very close buildings, shut off the ignition and the lights, and waited. We drank two beers each while hiding, out, the cop cars and security dudes drove by four or five times, but we were really well hidden.
hung out for about an hour, and took industrial surface streets home.
The best driving I have done in my life, it was truly like out of a movie. Stick shifts rule.
And on that night, St. Paulie Girl was our patron saint.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
:dance:

nearing completion of 3/10 week singletrack slayer on zwift. not sure what to do with my new found cyclability wealth. gotta spend it on some dirt, somewhere, someway.

got engagued on leap day tho

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
And now I'm at the emergency vet because Layla gouged her paw open. Fuck.
if you have lawn edging just tear that shit out....its what most dogs cut their paws on...

i would say about 95 percent of the cut paws i saw at the vet clinics i worked at was that shit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
if you have lawn edging just tear that shit out....its what most dogs cut their paws on...

i would say about 95 percent of the cut paws i saw at the vet clinics i worked at was that shit.
Can confirm, although our edging was weathered PT 2x6 boards. Still opened up our dogs paw pretty good and necessitated multiple visits to the vet for that and the subsequent infection.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I pulled it out before, but I think some that I missed before might have worked it's way up is out there still.

It's on today's list. After I get more than 3hrs of sleep, because her high ass keeps acting like she's hungry/thirsty/needs to go out.