Quantcast

saturday gfmt

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I slung a metric shit-ton of sparkling wine at a beer fest in Portland OR today.

Gonna try to ride tomorrow, but my legs are shot from standing in one spot all fucking day.

@IAB, I don’t believe you. There is no one and nothing useful in Salem. At all. Ever. You must be lying. :clue:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I'm here in Salem, OR for my race tomorrow and an LBS just saved my ass from my self-inflicted mechanical. I accidentally cut the electronic shifter wire on the rear shifter pod when I cut my handlebar tape to mount my new computer bracket. Sliced that wire right in half. Fucking stupid. The wire can't just be fixed. The entire pod needs to be replaced. The on-site race mechanics could not fix it. Fortunately there is a bike shop right by the race and they were able to sell me and install a new shifter pod. They did it right away and I am good to go. They charged me for the shifter pod and did not charge for labor. I had to get the bike to the transition area for check-in and didn't have much time to spare. I would have singlespeeded the race if I had to.

Scott's Cycles in Salem, OR. :thumb: I tipped the mechanic $20.
And that young pup is why you unwrap handlebar tape instead of cutting it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Today was wild. Best race all season in the pre-final, then rain in the final. 540* spin on lap 1, Tokyo Drift lap 2, and the race was gone.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
It’s pouring rain. It will be humid tomorrow morning. I’m still going to get up and go for a short run.

I don’t like running but need to get back to it if I’m going to race again. Going to the track today was an eye opener. As expected, will use riding to train as well.
having fun mocking people on fb b/c RAIIIIIN. OMG SHUT IT ALL DOWN....lol.

also, running is terrible. signed, hs state champ and college runner....