Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
going to go skipping through the woods in a minute.

might have visual proof.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Moring monkeys , I got nothing to do today and a spur of the moment decision for myself I'm going to go dh in idyllwild . Be good monkeys and try to stay out of jail today !

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

The baby let my wife and I get some decent sleep last night so we're feeling good. Coffee is flowing, sun is shining,... I'm thinking it's gonna be a good day.

Also, got a bunch of family coming over today to see the new baby. Should be a fairly busy day.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This just popped up about an hour ago. Could be an interesting evening if the wind picks up the way its forecast.

Teller County Sheriff is on the look out for a serial arsonist too. Who wants to take bets that if/when they catch this guy/gal, they are a "volunteer firefighter"?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Evac orders just issued. 99 degrees and winds from the south @23 gusting to 26.

Mandatory evacuations of Cedar Heights. Do not use Highway 24. Cave of the Winds, North Pole, Pikes Peak and camping in that area are closed. Officials say conditions with the wind and heat make this a dangerous fire. Voluntary evacuations for Green Mountain Falls, Cascade, Chipita Park. The Norris Penrose Equestrian Center is now available for large animals with in the evacuation area. Red Cross is opening a shelter at Cheyenne Mountain High School.
Couple pics from around town on teh facebooks.

None of this effects me or $tinkle (unless he's moved), but If I was living on or near the Air force Academy, I'd have concerns...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That smoke looks sh!tty.

Good day today! 45 hilly road miles this morning in the warm humidity. It was an easy, relaxed pace. 13.8 mph, 3000' climbing. And now I just got back from a 3.3 mile run. More of the same tomorrow.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Late gmt appearance. Baby slept well, but Wifey is still having trouble doing so. As baby is mostly on the first floor, I have been able to move back into the bedroom for sleep. It sucks that Wifey is getting hammered so badly, but my whole having seizures thing and needing sleep is not playing well into that.
I've spent a good part of the day in the backyard installing mini greenhouses over the garden plots. I'm going to get hail protection, and hopefully better growth. We'll see...

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Started with some of this:

Followed by some of that:

Then way too many of these and other miscellaneous bacon related snacks:

Wrapping up with some homebrew in the A/C, maybe hit up a friend's pool later.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Evening. Had a nice hot and steamy ride through the bugs last night. Baby was good for my sister too which is a huge plus! Hoping to meet up with some monkeys for a ride tomorrow too! Guess we'll continue to see if my version of "light physical activity" keeps holding up :D