Quantcast

Saturday, October 27th - Inclement Weather

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Please be advised that the weather forecast for Vernon, New Jersey is calling for rain spreading over the area this afternoon and will persist into the day on Saturday. During this period, the rain has the potential to be heavy-at-times and there is also potential for thunderstorms.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/ski/weekend/07462?from=36hr_topnav_ski

As a result of the inclement weather and potential for severe weather, we have canceled Day One of our Diabloween Festivities which includes the "Tempest" DH race. At this time, we are planning on opening on Saturday, however, there is the potential for an early closing depending on the severity of the weather.

If your travel plans could be altered to include Sunday October 28th, we highly suggest that you choose this day to ride Diablo as the forecast is calling for bright sunshine and temperatures in upper 50's!

The Diablo Trail Crew is currently on the mountain leaf-blowing trails and preparing for the best possible weekend. The crew will be out in full-force Saturday night and day to insure that Sunday's trail conditions are up-to-par for a killer season finale!

On Sunday, riders can expect fantastic weather, music by DJ "Murray til Midnight', the famous Diabloween Jump Jam, George Ryan '100 Rider Train', FREE BBQ for season passholders, FREE RedBull, tons of prizes and an amazing day of riding!

Thank you for understanding, everyone on the crew has worked extremely hard to prepare for this race, however we hope you'll join us on Sunday to celebrate the close of a great season at Diablo!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
damn i think im going to cry. i just wanted one more chance at beating those 13 year old kids again wtf.

haha nah no one can bitch about diablo being closed. think of how many times this season they were closed on a weekend? i cant think of any so deal with it.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
The awards for the Diabloween Jump Session will take place at 4:30pm on Sunday. We have over $5,000 in prizes available for this years Jump Session!

-RockShox "Totem" Suspension
-Mavic DeeMax Wheelset
-Magura Gustav Brakesets
-Fox V3 Helmets
-Fox Protective Gear
-Kenda Tires and Tubes
-WTB Custom "Diablo" Saddles
-Tons of jerseys and accessories from Dakine and Fox

-FREE BBQ on Sunday for anyone with a valid 2007 or 2008 Diablo Season pass

-FREE RedBull

-Lucent Productions will be onsite filming for a Diabloween teaser

-The biggest 'product toss' of the season!

demo9pro

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
NNJ
will non costumed riders be able to ride upper/lower dominion and if so, until what time? Thanks for a great season, hats off to the trail crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
will non costumed riders be able to ride upper/lower dominion and if so, until what time? Thanks for a great season, hats off to the trail crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely. Lower Dominion will be open to the public for most of the day. The only exception would be during finals which will take place at approximately 1:15 - 1:145pm.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
diablo was SWEET today... riding in bad weather is all in your head... it was soooo much fun, and it was very warm out so being wet was not an issue... and my retro 1970's one peice ski suit was just the ticket for function and of course fashion

rain stopped and sun was shinning by 3pm... sunday will be a great day

the-general

Chimp
Oct 24, 2007
only like 15 people went today!
i was one of them... it was my first time there and the rain didn't bother me one bit other than the rocks being super slick and my back brakes not working towards the end of the day (i bought the avid juicy sevens to fix that problem haha)... that was my first time downhilling and i can't wait to come back next season