Quantcast

Saturday or Sunday Shed Ride

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Guys,

I haven't been on the bike in a little while due to a knee injurt earlier this season. I am really looking forward to getting back on the bike but it seems as thought everyone is busy doing other things. I would like to get back on my bike this weekend and so some shuttle runs. I probably have a friend with a shuttle truck but I wanted to see if anyone is planning on being out there this weekend. Also does anyone know what shop around here I can pick up some 5wt fork oil. I am in need of some.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I've also been out w/ an injury called "home improvement". It's been sucking up alot of my weekends. Also, a nice low-side T1 at BeaveRun has left my right hand tweaked. I may try to bring my DH to NEPA this weekend and hike some old trails.(see how the hand holds up)
Otherwise, now that it's getting cooler and projects are getting close to complete....anyone heading out to do some runs? Let me know, I'd be glad to kick down some $$$ for some seat time.

Bernie

-Really need to ride. Bike is pissed!

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Bernie Mac..Call this guy. I need to ride. I was thinking Sunday. If you don't call me I will assume you don't like me.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I'll be in PA this weekend, but next weekend should be cool. I'll give a call. Has hunting season started yet???
Good to hear from you.

Bernie

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
No one wants to ride with you Stump, no one at all.

Cable43

Monkey
Oct 7, 2008
(Philly @ Heart)
I'm down for either day (Sat would be better though)! I want to see theses trails finally.
I'm all newb and stuff but I'd like to ride this weekend especially considering the fact that I moved here a year ago and haven't been touched a MTB since.

Anyone can PM email AIM whatever.

Last edited:

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Biketoberjam is on Saturday, but a rack of us will be out on Sunday hitting it hard. We usually show up around 11 and ride till like 5. Hit me up tomorrow or Friday if you need details on how to get there.

All,

The guy that was injured (I know his name, but can't post it...HIPPA) has a broken ankle...will b going for surgery on Fri. He was able to make it to his local ER. Will b getting pins. Hopefully his recovery will b fast.

DK
C
F,MD

"when sh!t hits the fan call 911...when the fan gets clogged call DK"

Cable43

Monkey
Oct 7, 2008
(Philly @ Heart)
All,

The guy that was injured (I know his name, but can't post it...HIPPA) has a broken ankle...will b going for surgery on Fri. He was able to make it to his local ER. Will b getting pins. Hopefully his recovery will b fast.

if you talk to him, wish him well and a fast recovery.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
That sucks. We heard about but did not witness the ankle carnage. Cable, a shame you got dinged up but we didn't do more than another couple of runs after you left. I ended up getting my front wheel hung up in a hole on homo and going right over the bars off a drop. Decided to take it as a sign and quit for the day.

Thank jebus for armor cause I landed right in a pile of pointy rocks.

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
All,

DK
C
F,MD

"when sh!t hits the fan call 911...when the fan gets clogged call DK"
Dude, as far as I know, the HIPAA rules only apply to medical providers. Unless you were there acting in that capacity, I seriously doubt anyone would sue you for saying his name on here. Now if you responded to the scene on your fire engine, or ambulance, that would be a different story. :thumb:
<totally not trying to be a dick>

Dude, as far as I know, the HIPAA rules only apply to medical providers. Unless you were there acting in that capacity, I seriously doubt anyone would sue you for saying his name on here. Now if you responded to the scene on your fire engine, or ambulance, that would be a different story. :thumb:
<totally not trying to be a dick>
HIPPA came out only a few years ago, and I admit that for the last couple of years I have spent more time driving a ladder truck than riding an ambo. So I may not be as well versed on the HIPPA law...but I always try to err on the side of the patient in terms of privacy:thumb:

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
Ok so there's:

HIPAA

and there's:

HIPPA

two totally different area's of law and accountability - easily confusing
Yeah, HIPAA is the one we are talking about here...

HIPAA or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on August 21, 1996. Most healthcare insurance companies and providers are to adhere to the HIPAA regulation guidelines by October 2002 and October 2003 for smaller health plans. The HIPAA law is a multi-step approach that is geared to improve the health insurance system. One approach of the HIPAA regulations is to protect privacy. This is in Title IV which defines rules for protection of patient information. All healthcare providers, health organizations, and government health plans that use, store, maintain, or transmit patient health care information are required to comply with the privacy regulations of the HIPAA law. Excluded are certain small, self-administered health organizations.

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
By the way, I hope the un-named rider feels better soon, and that the pain pills help at least a little . I broke my ankle out there a few years ago, and know how bad it sucks.

Best wishes, dude.